House Price Crash Forum

Your Tax - Government Waste

South Lorne

HOLA441

...spoke to someone today who has been chased three times for his census form although he prepared it a week ahead of the 27th March Census Date and posted it on the morning of 28th March....is anyone else having this trouble ...?....the chasers earn £7.80 circa per hour plus costs e.g. telephone calls etc...I sent mine by internet so they can't claim non receipt...I have the receipt.....easy way for inefficiency to breed and costs to multiply.... :rolleyes:

HOLA442
HOLA443

...spoke to someone today who has been chased three times for his census form although he prepared it a week ahead of the 27th March Census Date and posted it on the morning of 28th March....is anyone else having this trouble ...?....the chasers earn £7.80 circa per hour plus costs e.g. telephone calls etc...I sent mine by internet so they can't claim non receipt...I have the receipt.....easy way for inefficiency to breed and costs to multiply.... :rolleyes:

.....easy way to keep the unemployment figures down imo.

HOLA444
HOLA445

.....easy way to keep the unemployment figures down imo.

...yes ...people chasing their tails......and getting paid for it....with our money ...this could have been going towards reducing the deficit....and:

Guidance on how to complete the 32-page form has been translated into 56 languages while advertisements are being broadcast on ethnic minority TV channels and leaflets distributed to shops, mosques, churches and temples.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8339114/UK-census-expected-to-cost-nearly-500m-due-to-translation-fees.html

HOLA446
HOLA447

post office seems to be having problems currently with the volume AFAIK

HOLA448

...yes ...people chasing their tails......and getting paid for it....with our money ...this could have been going towards reducing the deficit....and:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8339114/UK-census-expected-to-cost-nearly-500m-due-to-translation-fees.html

yes but at least this way they are not claiming benefits and some of the money is recovered as tax whereas if they were left unemployed they would probably be costing us even more.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

They certainly were when I posted ours (Monday after census Sunday.) Postbox was too full to take anything else - had to hand it in at the P.Office.

...sounds like a complete mess ...with costs being ramped up due to inefficient processing ....certain organisers need to be sacked .... <_<

HOLA4412

Archived