Florida Bargains - £18K For Condo

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
  • 1 month later...
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Type "Bansko Bulgaria" into a search engine. I did this last week, friend had bought there in 2006 and has now lost most of his cash.... :rolleyes:

2 bed appts are 30K€ or less. I imagine a 1 bed can be bought for 15k€ or thereabouts.

But why buy when you can rent a 2 bed appt there for 200€/month ?

A least in Bulgaria, they now have their property crash/tsunami. Wish we had the same in West Europe B)

HOLA447

I came across this bargain. Will this be seen in Europe soon?

http://properties.aplaceinthesun.com/details/3857288/

Is it really a bargain? Only if you expect decent capital gains?

The catch seems to be the charges:

Annual property taxes: $1,289-00

Community fees: $260-00 monthly includes building insurance, exterior, ground maintenance & Security

That's $4400 /yr before taking into account any utilities/phone/upkeep etc.

Excuse me, for that price I'll stay a fortnight in a decent 4* hotel and have breakfast/dinner thrown in. And no hassle year after year..... B)

HOLA448

I came across this bargain. Will this be seen in Europe soon?

http://properties.aplaceinthesun.com/details/3857288/

That should have been seen in Europe long ago. The only reason it hasn't been seen is because several European governments and the EU in Brussels have continued to force that farce of a currency called the Euro upon the poor unsuspecting public and play with the currency markets, swindling the common man out of his hard earned savings.

HOLA449

Not if the bankstas have anything to do with it.

If I wanted to go on holiday every year to a hot swamp full of Americans I might consider one of those places on that site.

I love your response. I feel exactly the same way and I am an American.

HOLA4410

Anyone got a link to a site that covers Miami itself? (instead of properties in the middle of sweaty swampy nowhere)

If you wish to search for properties in the US, or merely be amused at the possibilities, go to www.realtor.com. On that site is listed every property in the US that is for sale with a realtor and is multiple listed. Almost all realtors multiple list their properties, so they would be on this site. For sale by owner properties will not be listed. Just type in the postal zip code (a five digit number), or name of the town or city you are interested in, and all the listings in that area within the price range that you specify will come up in order, from highest price to lowest price. You can find postal zip codes for every city or town in the US at www.usps.com, which is the website of the US Postal Service.

Many Miami zip codes begin with the prefix of 331, such as 33134. New York city zip codes begin with the prefix of 100 and Washington, DC zip codes begin with the prefix of 200.

Feel free to ask me any questions. Good luck.

HOLA4411

If you wish to search for properties in the US, or merely be amused at the possibilities, go to www.realtor.com. On that site is listed every property in the US that is for sale with a realtor and is multiple listed. Almost all realtors multiple list their properties, so they would be on this site. For sale by owner properties will not be listed. Just type in the postal zip code (a five digit number), or name of the town or city you are interested in, and all the listings in that area within the price range that you specify will come up in order, from highest price to lowest price. You can find postal zip codes for every city or town in the US at www.usps.com, which is the website of the US Postal Service.

Many Miami zip codes begin with the prefix of 331, such as 33134. New York city zip codes begin with the prefix of 100 and Washington, DC zip codes begin with the prefix of 200.

Feel free to ask me any questions. Good luck.

Thankyou that's very kind of you.

I'm considering a small investment in the States, say 40-50k dollars down, the rest borrowed so price up to 200k.

Prime area apartments in Miami seem like a good place to start, as they have fallen so far and yet are located somewhere which seems unlikely to 'go Detroit'.

also I could go there on holiday to check it out.

I'd want something in an area with strong consistent rental demand, but have no idea where that would be. Near the beach? Near the business district?

As you see from other posts I don't believe these places for 50k dollars in the middle of swampy nowhere are bargains.

I daresay there are lots of potential pitfalls that make this idea very hazardous - bent real-estate agents, hidden fees, taxes and building costs, rental voids, etc etc etc, so am just toying with the idea at present. If you have any comments I'd welcome them, including "Don't be ridiculous you'll get shafted" if that's what you think.

Edited by swissy_fit

HOLA4412

Type "Bansko Bulgaria" into a search engine. I did this last week, friend had bought there in 2006 and has now lost most of his cash.... :rolleyes:

2 bed appts are 30K€ or less. I imagine a 1 bed can be bought for 15k€ or thereabouts.

A least in Bulgaria, they now have their property crash/tsunami. Wish we had the same in West Europe B)

Been there.

Talk about overbuilt.

Edited by spp

HOLA4413

Except when the World Cup was on, then is was 200 for a couple of nights. I would go back but definitely not during the busy times.

HOLA4414

Except when the World Cup was on, then is was 200 for a couple of nights. I would go back but definitely not during the busy times.

The snow may be fine but as an "investment" it has been like falling off the Mont Blanc without a parachute! :D

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4415

Thankyou that's very kind of you.

I'm considering a small investment in the States, say 40-50k dollars down, the rest borrowed so price up to 200k.

Prime area apartments in Miami seem like a good place to start, as they have fallen so far and yet are located somewhere which seems unlikely to 'go Detroit'.

also I could go there on holiday to check it out.

I'd want something in an area with strong consistent rental demand, but have no idea where that would be. Near the beach? Near the business district?

As you see from other posts I don't believe these places for 50k dollars in the middle of swampy nowhere are bargains.

I daresay there are lots of potential pitfalls that make this idea very hazardous - bent real-estate agents, hidden fees, taxes and building costs, rental voids, etc etc etc, so am just toying with the idea at present. If you have any comments I'd welcome them, including "Don't be ridiculous you'll get shafted" if that's what you think.

You must have been reading my mind because those words, "Don't be ridiculous you'll get shafted" are on the tip of my tongue. I hate to say that because I don't want to be the one to kill someone's dreams, particularly yours, but there are so many pitfalls everywhere one looks. I say that after being in real estate for many years in the US. Personally, I like the way things look right now in the UK more than the US, but then I am not on the ground there to get a first hand look, so I might be totally wrong.

I think that what you, and every other potential investor including me, needs to do is to decide what one really wants, either a pure investment to supplement future savings and pension, or a vacation home/flat for personal use. The pure investment should have all the boxes checked in addition to giving you a good return over a long period. Detroit is a pure investment. It sounds as though you are eyeing a place in Miami for some personal use in addition to rental income, so I would imagine that not all the boxes need to be checked and a lower yield would be acceptable in exchange for your enjoyment.

You must remember that wherever you buy to let in the US you are going to need a RELIABLE, HONEST property manager for you would be a fool to attempt to manage it yourself even if you lived close by, let alone across the ocean. Here in the US, everyone has rights, except the landlords, and deadbeat tenants have more rights than anyone.