House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frozen_out

Major Tin Foil Hat Time

Just noticed a story on the BBC about how we are close to having endemic iodine deficiency in the UK diet and suggesting that manufacturers should be adding it to table salt. This story comes hot on the heels of the Fukushima disaster which is apparently putting dangerous levels of radioactive iodine into the atmosphere. For which the best preventative measure against uptake is consuming non-radioactive iodine.

Co-incidence? I think not. :ph34r:

While I have no doubt that there is a major "Radiation is happy-clappy good for you!" propaganda war going on at the moment, I don't think that this is part of it: it would take months, maybe years, before this iodine-enriched salt ended up in our plates... and the half-life of radioactive Iodine is measured in days.

Alternatively, and with TFH firmly on, maybe "they" know that radioactive releases of Iodine will continue for years... :ph34r:

With all the fuss they make about childbirth, dettol shouldn't even smart.

I thought they put the bend in the neck of toilet duck to aid 'douching'

I think you need to re-read the instructions - its bowl, not bowel. :D

Just noticed a story on the BBC about how we are close to having endemic iodine deficiency in the UK diet and suggesting that manufacturers should be adding it to table salt. This story comes hot on the heels of the Fukushima disaster which is apparently putting dangerous levels of radioactive iodine into the atmosphere. For which the best preventative measure against uptake is consuming non-radioactive iodine.

Co-incidence? I think not. :ph34r:

fine,if you're that concerned about it...we are surrounded by miles and miles of lovely coastline.

seaweed is actually quite tasty,and a very good source of iodine.