House Price Crash Forum
Tired of Waiting

Why Rightmove Hasn't Updated Yet Its "marketed Properties" Data For February!?

Why RightMove hasn't yet updated its "Marketed Properties" for FEBRUARY 2011 ?!

They have this data at their fingertips!

This was a great tool to measure supply per postcode! :angry:

"Marketed properties

Properties on Rightmove in (Your Postcode)

This graph shows the total number of properties on Rightmove each month.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html/svr/3112;jsessionid=A401323563B19A6D2F6C26E56B4A65F4?searchLocation=nw1

The other tab, on the left side, "Sold properties", they have updated - but with woefully incomplete data from the Land Registry - useless.

Weird.

Though I am more inclined to believe in incompetence (they just forgot it), than to believe in some conspiracy.

Anyone around with a contact in RightMove? Can we poke them along a bit perhaps? We are already near mid-April FGS! Actually by now we should already have the data for March!

Edited by Tired of Waiting

I've noticed this too - they were useful charts and very local so you had a proper idea of what was going on. The fact they have stopped updating them is a real indicator IMO - must be huge numbers of properties coming to market.

The removal of stats or alteration in ways they are calculated is always fascinating and rightly draws suspicion. Remember when the US Fed stopped publishing M3 money supply figures in 2006 (?) - then the printers were turned on. Is it Halifax who are looking at changing the way they do their house price figures? <_<

Edited by mikthe20

I've noticed this too - they were useful charts and very local so you had a proper idea of what was going on. The fact they have stopped updating them is a real indicator IMO - must be huge numbers of properties coming to market.

The removal of stats or alteration in ways they are calculated is always fascinating and rightly draws suspicion. Remember when the US Fed stopped publishing M3 money supply figures in 2006 (?) - then the printers were turned on. Is it Halifax who are looking at changing the way they do their house price figures? <_<

Yeah, it is annoying.

And good information is vital for markets to function properly. To obscure info on purpose like that should actually be as illegal as cartels. Same economic logic.

Had a one liner from them today, I'll press them for a date.

We are currently in the process of compiling all the data for the whole country.

Had a one liner from them today, I'll press them for a date.

Thanks again FIGGY.

We are currently in the process of compiling all the data for the whole country.

For February?!?!?! Still?!?!?! :blink: Are they doing that by hand?!?!?! What about using their computer to do that instead!? :rolleyes:

Thanks again FIGGY.

For February?!?!?! Still?!?!?! :blink: Are they doing that by hand?!?!?! What about using their computer to do that instead!? :rolleyes:

[/quote

I think they must be driving round and counting for sale signs, they started in February...

Edited by Pent Up

I'm not normally into all this conspiracy crap.

Saying that, I've noticed that another well known website seems to be getting further and further back with updating it's figures.

Some speculation :

i) Number of agents is dropping so revenue of house websites is falling. So they chop the resources allocated to stuff that is deemed to be unnecessary or peripheral.

ii) The lizard men with the forked tongues are out there at work masking the house price drop.

Can't think of any others.

(...) revenue of house websites is falling. So they chop the resources allocated to stuff that is deemed to be unnecessary or peripheral. (...)

Good point. That is quite possible.

I didn't even know this page existed until I read this thread but...

A rise in the number of properties for sale and a fall in the number sold is the surest sign that there is going to be a crash.

So you should ask yourself "Have rightmove got any vested interest in there not being a house price crash?"

I didn't even know this page existed until I read this thread but...

A rise in the number of properties for sale and a fall in the number sold is the surest sign that there is going to be a crash.

So you should ask yourself "Have rightmove got any vested interest in there not being a house price crash?"

Sure, if they were rational they would see that lower prices = greater volumes = more profits.

Sorry, I didn't understand that.

It didn't make a lot of sense to be honest. If you do a search for your area, at the bottom of the screen it shows the number of searches made for this area in March. So obviously they have this information for march available and have updated it. Yet don't have the information for properties on the Market in february?

Edited by Pent Up

It didn't make a lot of sense to be honest. If you do a search for your area, at the bottom of the screen it shows the number of searches made for this area in March.

Thanks.

So obviously they have this information for march available and have updated it. Yet don't have the information for properties on the Market in february?

I see your point. Of course, it does not add up.

It didn't make a lot of sense to be honest. If you do a search for your area, at the bottom of the screen it shows the number of searches made for this area in March. So obviously they have this information for march available and have updated it. Yet don't have the information for properties on the Market in february?

Update: We are now in the middle of April, and they didn't update yet data for February. This is getting ridiculous now.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html/svr/3112;jsessionid=A401323563B19A6D2F6C26E56B4A65F4?searchLocation=nw1

I never did get a reply whe I asked them when it would be released. Looking at how may houses are coming on in my area at the moment (about 3/4 in each post code each day) and the number of sales (about 1 per week) I can see why they wouldnt want the numbers up!!!

Update: We are now in the middle of April, and they didn't update yet data for February. This is getting ridiculous now.

I too have been waiting and checking for this figure since you showed me where to find it a while back.

As discussed then, I saw a sharp and inexplicable DROP in numbers found in my search summary.

No-one else seemed to have seen anything similar, and I have been waiting for the Rightmove chart to update

for an objective figure.

The numbers coming onto the market now in my area are looking very healthy! :)

Edited by Laughing Gnome

I never did get a reply whe I asked them when it would be released. Looking at how may houses are coming on in my area at the moment (about 3/4 in each post code each day) and the number of sales (about 1 per week) I can see why they wouldnt want the numbers up!!!

But that is what I don't get. Wouldn't the market professional benefit financially from a greater volume? I mean, if prices were to drop by, say, 20%, I think transaction levels would grow by more than 20%, don't you think? They - estate agents for instance - would have a greater income, right??

Not sure about RightMove though. How are they paid? Do you know?

Edited by Tired of Waiting

I too have been waiting and checking for this figure since you showed me where to find it a while back.

As discussed then, I saw a sharp and inexplicable DROP in numbers found in my search summary.

No-one else seemed to have seen anything similar, and I have been waiting for the Rightmove chart to update

for an objective figure.

The numbers coming onto the market now in my area are looking very healthy! :)

I've found a link to send them suggestions. Not sure if it would work, but we could try it:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/feedback/feedback.html/svr/3112;jsessionid=C3EEB45BF701B608DA8CEE7B56B24836?sellersArea=true&defaultCategorySet=PCR&url=%2Fhouse-prices-in-my-area%2FmarketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html%3FsearchLocation%3Dnw1

I don't know if there are better, more direct ways to press them into updating that data.

I've found a link to send them suggestions. Not sure if it would work, but we could try it:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/feedback/feedback.html/svr/3112;jsessionid=C3EEB45BF701B608DA8CEE7B56B24836?sellersArea=true&defaultCategorySet=PCR&url=%2Fhouse-prices-in-my-area%2FmarketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html%3FsearchLocation%3Dnw1

I don't know if there are better, more direct ways to press them into updating that data.

Cheers. Done, for what it's worth.