House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
look to the past

Disperse Optimistic In Outlook

Optimistic is a word I keep hearing- the question is are they right to be optimistic (retailers and builders)

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/050926/214/fsztw.html

The link is not relevant apart from the fact they made a loss of £1.95 m yet they are optimistic – what can they see optimistically looking forward, I see much of the same perhaps a loss of more than £2 m in the next six months.

I went shopping at the weekend and there was no shortage of shoppers (who knows if they were actually spending), what will it be like at x-mas – has anyone actually seen this retail slowdown?

Was noticable in Ikea nottingham on saturday. Can't say the place was anywhere near as busy as it was last year. B&Q has been the same, and I've noticied similar on my occasional trip to leicester city centre as well.

I went shopping at the weekend and there was no shortage of shoppers (who knows if they were actually spending),

Went into the city (Bath) at the weekend. Nice day, sun shining, loads of people out shopping. Judging by the size of the bags they were carrying (or often 'not' carrying) most were Window shopping! :lol:

Another optimistic outlook

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/026a0302-2c54-11d...000e2511c8.html

Another scenario is possible. The housing market could start to recover. There were signs of stability in figures from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors this week, and mortgage lending picked up in August. Moreover, if the Bank of England sharply cuts interest rates, retailers should benefit along with mortgage banks, pub and restaurant groups and housebuilders.

Went shopping on saturday, Gap was offering £10 off stock, Next had a one day sale. Argos got a sale on. Laura Ashley got a sale on some stock. I have just bought from Laura Ashley and got 30% off discount.!

Now if its houses next at 30% off that would be reason to celebrate.!