House Price Crash Forum
OnlyMe

Banks Issuing Threats Again

Banks say shake-up will hurt customers

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/savings-and-banking/article.html?in_article_id=530000&in_page_id=7&position=moretopstories

Banks say shake-up will hurt customers

By Simon Watkins

9 April 2011

Bank customers will pay the price for any extra costs imposed by the Independent Commission on Banking, industry insiders warned this weekend.

The ICB's long-awaited interim report, due tomorrow, is expected to include proposals to improve competition in retail banking and could force banks to ring-fence High Street operations from their riskier investment banking businesses.

But industry sources warned that banks would pass any extra expenses straight on to borrowers and savers.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/savings-and-banking/article.html?in_article_id=530000&in_page_id=7#ixzz1J8Bq6EFO

...and lead to lower house prices.

It's all good.

Only is as much as they will lump the increased capital cost for their gambling arms on the retail arms.

We really should have forced these crooks into receivership.

Once changing bank accounts becomes as easy as changing your pants banks will be begging for your money, we have metro bank which under cuts all other banks.

I have been wearing the same pair for ten years.

If there are lower profits wouldn't they just pay themselves less

[

I wish I could laugh. Wrong isn't it . I keep saying to Mr. Eightiesgirly that it would be worth a depression to see them reap what they have sown.

Gangster Banksters.

Changing bank accounts? No chance! If I change, then when I come to apply for a mortgage ( or any credit) I won't have been with my bank long enough and so my credit rating will be shot and no mortgage. They have us all by the short and curlies, unless your lucky enough to have enough dosh to buy outright.

Most politicians already know who really runs the country, and aint them!

Having said that we left the banks years ago and have been mutual ever since!

You always know when you've hit a raw nerve with an organisation, it's when they start throwing threats around.

I really hope someones got the balls to in through with this breaking up the banks, but I doubt it.

Once changing bank accounts becomes as easy as changing your pants banks will be begging for your money, we have metro bank which under cuts all other banks.

...do you have the tariff...?....

The answer is simple really. Don't use a bank. Pay for everything with cash and withdraw all of your salary the day it's paid into your account. The price of a little inconvenience is worth it to starve these parasites off their already dying host.