House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

izzy

Royal Wedding

It's everywhere. Everytime you turn on the TV, even at the most unexpected times, up it pops: THE ROYAL WEDDING. For weeks now the ITV news has reserved one story for Kate and Wills. Even SKY TV is hoping people will snap up the HD option in order to see Kate and Wills take their vows more clearly. :blink:

Are you excited? Will you be having a street party? It was popular in the Charles and Di era but will it be as popular this time?

My local pub is in a little mews and are putting on a street party. It is such an interesting mix of people who go there I think it will be a great way to avoid the hullabullooo.

It is pathetic to see the British public so enraptured with their overlords. The monarchy is so engrained in their psyche that when I even mention their history of oppression and how their ancestors got their place, they just switch off.

It is pathetic to see the British public so enraptured with their overlords. The monarchy is so engrained in their psyche that when I even mention their history of oppression and how their ancestors got their place, they just switch off.

Don't think many of us are exactly 'enraptured'. Just philosophical about it, and maybe thinking of the alternatives.

Whenever I start going all Republican, I think about having e.g. a President Blair instead, with Cherie as First Lady.

Or a President Harperson, come to that.

Anarchists are rumoured to be planning disruption.

I hope that's true.

Yeah, This could get interesting

Anarchists are planning to wreck Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding celebrations by staging a naked protest - dressed only in balaclavas.

Organisers have invited members of swingers' groups to take part and have also held talks with adult filmmakers to record an alternative wedding video on April 29.

Full Article

I have a dilemma. An event in Cambridge on the 30th. Getting to Cambridge means through London, far too close to the epicentre of it, at exactly the wrong time :(

Good luck to them, hope it goes well.

Not however at all interested.

And what a daft time to have yet another sodding bank holiday. Why couldn't they get married on a Saturday or at the end of July?

Not interested at all.

Yet you clicked and then replied on a thread titled. :rolleyes:.

Royal Wedding

'Tis time for the royal nuptials

Strange way to show no interest at all in a subject. :D

It's everywhere. Everytime you turn on the TV, even at the most unexpected times, up it pops

Honestly haven't noticed.

Don't watch TV.

Don't buy newspapers.

Had to look on the internet to see when it was taking place.

Two minor nobodies getting hitched into a doomed marriage, Big deal.

(You can tell I'm a Republican can't you? :lol: )

Whenever I start going all Republican, I think about having e.g. a President Blair instead, with Cherie as First Lady.

Or a President Harperson, come to that.

I'd make the Prime Minister the head of state.

Why would we need a president?

I refer you to my post # 16.

I know, it's a bugger isn't it?

No wonder us Republicans are so few and far between. :lol:

Still, my dedication to the cause is such that I'd even be prepared to have Hamish McRuin as head of state.

At least he'd only be there for a short time.

Not remotely interested in the wedding, but am going to a gay garden party at a friends house, should be fun for the sheer campness of it.

Yet you clicked and then replied on a thread titled. :rolleyes:.

Royal Wedding

'Tis time for the royal nuptials

Strange way to show no interest at all in a subject. :D

Peoples' reactions to it are interesting.

Not remotely interested in the wedding, but am going to a gay garden party at a friends house, should be fun for the sheer campness of it.

Please take pics !

Peoples' reactions to it are interesting.

I woudl agree. Just being facetious. :D