House Price Crash Forum

Reading this forum reminds me of the hapless cretins who appear on X Factor.

They expect too much too quickly. The key word here been EXPECT.

I lived in London for a number of years and would not buy over priced shod

as I realised I could not compete with the professionals who earn well over 100K that

buy all the decent places.

What did I do when I realised I could not compete ?

Not moan, I moved to Scotland where I have a better quality of life and

live in a good sized HOUSE (not flat) that I WANT.

Keep singing out of tune victims.

Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to up sticks and move like that.

I would like nothing more than to move where me and my family could have a better quality of life at a more affordable price.. but it isn't going to happen and it won't for a lot of other people either.

as I realised I could not compete with the professionals who earn well over 100K that

And where are all the Scots meant to move to when you push up their prices?

You didn't think that thought through now did you? :rolleyes:

NDL

I totally agree with the 2 replies above, but I would add that what reminds me of the X factor contestants, is the muppets who did not realise the consequences of stretching to buy in a housing bubble in the last 2 years or MEW'ing their house to death.

They are now having a rude awakening. So much of the truth spoken on HPC reminds me of Simon Cowells comments & the hostile response they sometimes get.

What is sad is the revelling in these contestant outbursts by ITV , but hey, that car crash tv :angry:

Guest X-QUORK

Reading your post reminds me of a hapless cretin who didn't have the nerve to hang around a while before panicking and leaving for the rainlashed north. :rolleyes:

Hmmm doomwatch,

Scenario: I want to buy a Mercedes.

Problem: Last year I could buy a new Mercedes, now because the prices have risen so high, I can't.

Solution: Buy a 5 year old Skoda, because even though they have shot up in price, I can still just about get one.

Thinking: They are nearly as good as the Mercedes, and its basically the same thing isn't it. Except I know in my heart of hearts it isn't the same, and I might get problems with it, when it falls apart.

Justification: I never wanted a Mercedes anyway, I am environmentally a good guy and I am now going to tell people who still like Mercedes but can't afford one that they are a bunch of whingers and fat cat oil guzzlers.

Real truth: I have temporarily supported the second market for overpriced Skodas and I am left with a Skoda. If no one buys a Mercedes they will come back into range for some of the disenchanted. I will end up driving around in a Skoda but have no money. I should have got the bus for a while until all this madness about cars finished.

Reading your post reminds me of a hapless cretin who didn't have the nerve to hang around a while before panicking and leaving for the rainlashed north. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your ignorant comments. I lived in London for 8 years until a year ago and in fact the North East coast of Scotland enjoys just as much sunshine as the South East, without the pollution of course.

I was trying to be helpful and suggest realistic alternatives.

Enjoy waiting to purchase an ex bomb factory flat above a fried chicken take away.

Are you on drugs, naturally paranoid, or off your rocker from hours spent pressed up

against Estate agent windows ?

Hmmm doomwatch,

Scenario: I want to buy a Mercedes.

Problem: Last year I could buy a new Mercedes, now because the prices have risen so high, I can't.

Solution: Buy a 5 year old Skoda, because even though they have shot up in price, I can still just about get one.

Thinking: They are nearly as good as the Mercedes, and its basically the same thing isn't it. Except I know in my heart of hearts it isn't the same, and I might get problems with it, when it falls apart.

Justification: I never wanted a Mercedes anyway, I am environmentally a good guy and I am now going to tell people who still like Mercedes but can't afford one that they are a bunch of whingers and fat cat oil guzzlers.

Real truth: I have temporarily supported the second market for overpriced Skodas and I am left with a Skoda. If no one buys a Mercedes they will come back into range for some of the disenchanted. I will end up driving around in a Skoda but have no money. I should have got the bus for a while until all this madness about cars finished.

Thanks for your ignorant comments. I lived in London for 8 years until a year ago and in fact the North East coast of Scotland enjoys just as much sunshine as the South East, without the pollution of course.

I was trying to be helpful and suggest realistic alternatives.

Enjoy waiting to purchase an ex bomb factory flat above a fried chicken take away.

what are you suggesting for anyone who doesnt currently live in london, and have equity or significant savings?

They expect too much too quickly.

Not moan,

I was trying to be helpful

Oh, really? And there's me thinking you came here just to insult people.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Sledgehead

Guest X-QUORK

"I was trying to be helpful and suggest realistic alternatives."

Oh really? I thought your post was intended to insult anyone with the sense to wait until house prices reflect their real worth before buying. Silly me, I guess I got the wrong end of the stick when you called us hapless cretins and victims, should've realised you were just trying to help.

Thanks for trying doomwatch, but with advice like yours I think I'll take a raincheck on that move to Scotland.

I imagine that your new Scottish friends will love you with your tatty old Skoda polluting their lovely environment.

Scotland is a beautiful place to visit, but, and I quote a request from a guest at the bar overheard from a wedding reception outside Edinburgh: "A vodka and Irn Bru please mate". :lol:

Perhaps the Scots all move to London and rent once Scotland is full of ex-Londoners?

Scots have superior intellect, drive and education. They also know that the streets of London are paved with gold. And that their homeland is indeed a rain-lashed far northern bog. Consequently, for many hundreds of years, Scots have indeed been moving to London - which has helped propel London to world greatness.

Any reverse traffic is a new and, one suspects, marginal phenomenon.

Away and bile yer head ya bampot Sassenach

Could you please provide a translation doomwatch old bean?

Guest Bart of Darkness
It's amazing how many trolls have turned up lately.

A manifestation of the emerging "anger phase"?

It also enjoys a lot more wind off the North Sea :o:o - never wear button-fly jeans in Peterhead, I know from experience what that wind will do to you!

Moving to Scotland is easy for some English folks, most of them love it. I've known a few in the north west not to last the first winter; they come to the Hebrides in July and catch a few 21 daylight hour days, fireball sunsets, caribbean blue water and a glimpse of an eagle or two - when it blows a gale and rains for, well, November, they start pining for the shopping centres of Slough again.

If we did not have family down here in England, we would move to Scotland, beautiful country, nice people, beats the living on top of each other rate race. All my fathers family were from Scotland, born of Irish parents.

Good on you mate, hope you enjoyed poking your stick in the hornets nest ;)

Edited by Catch22

Sounds like the London ripple effect in action...

frugalista

I'm a Londoner born and bred and I love it here despite its many faults.

However, I get really f***ed off with the hoards of people who choose to live in London then moan all the time about how much they hate it.

There's no doubt London is busy, vibrant, and yes overcrowded, and I do respect the original poster for getting off his ar$e and leaving, making more room in this great city for those who actually appreciate it. If only more whingers would do the same!

Edited by doogie

The 1st few episodes of x factor are hillarious and quite telling about people too.

Ive got a pair of socks that can sing better than half of them lot.

But the thing is, this is how thick people in this country are, they actually think their good. So its not hard to see why people fall for all this VI ******** is it?

Oh nearly forgot,

Dear person who started this thread, Who gives a flying f*ck what you have done or where you live? I'll tell you, you can probably count them on the fingers of one foot.

Scots have superior intellect, drive and education.

And they are the most violent people in Europe (well, except those vicious Norwegians, apparently) I was reading last night.

I'm a Londoner born and bred and I love it here despite its many faults.

However, I get really f***ed off with the hoards of people who choose to live in London then moan all the time about how much they hate it.

There's no doubt London is busy, vibrant, and yes overcrowded, and I do respect the original poster for getting off his ar$e and leaving, making more room in this great city for those who actually appreciate it. If only more whingers would do the same!

:lol:

I came to study and stayed.

I know what you mean about whinging gits (although the public transport system really is embarrassingly bad isn't it...).

As much as I love the multi-cultural/cosmopolitan feel of London, can we add a special category for all the foreigners who come to live in London and then seem to spend every waking moment telling you "it's much better in Milano", "the quality of life is Barcelona is so much better"... stop telling me about it and FUG OFF HOME.

The 1st few episodes of x factor are hillarious and quite telling about people too.

They are the best in my opinion, and I just love how the straight talking Simon Cowell tells em like it is. The looks on their faces are classic.......YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS :D:D:D:D

However as in life all will not be as it seems, I suspect the reality is more likely to be this:

Cowell and Co will not audition every one, There will be a first filter process, and the producers will pick out definite No No'es. And put them through for "humiliation" purposes you could say the X Factor is the modern day equivalent of the Coliseum. Its purpose is to present humiliation and adoration for the entertainment of the public.