House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

First Choice Goes All 'all Inclusive'

I'd rather spend a week in guantanamo bay than any of these chav pits

+1

My brother works for them and spent 2 years working as a rep at an all-inclusive in Sharm El Sheikh. You have never seen such a bunch of pissed up, bloated, sun scorched 'i know my rights' chavscum. To be fair to First Choice there was a huge range of all-you-can-eat fare and the quality was pretty good but wasted on the clientèle. They'd have stuff like stuff like sea bass being offered by bored looking chefs who were being ignored by the huge queue of people waiting to have chips shovelled on to their tray. You'd see entire familys of lard arses sitting at a table with just plates of chips in front of them and a couple more plates of chips in the middle as some kind of side order.

They'd spend all day drinking free beer and cocktails in the 100 degree plus sun, get ill and then spent the rest of the holiday threatening to sue the company.

My sister once had a job interview with their airline division. All was going well until she was asked how she'd react if, when called out of the flight deck to read the riot act to drunk and unruly passengers, they started giving her abuse on account of being a woman pilot. When she replied that if necessary, she would not hesitate to divert to the nearest airport and have the lot of them arrested, things started to go downhill. Their unofficial but official policy, apparently, is to turn a blind eye to 'enthusiastic' behaviour by holidaymakers on their planes, because, well, that's the sort of clientele they cater to and too many stories in the News of the World about holidaymakers being led off their planes in handcuffs is not what they want. The word in aviation circles is that you'd virtually have to be caught raping a flight attendant before anyone would do anything about you.

+1

My brother works for them and spent 2 years working as a rep at an all-inclusive in Sharm El Sheikh. You have never seen such a bunch of pissed up, bloated, sun scorched 'i know my rights' chavscum. To be fair to First Choice there was a huge range of all-you-can-eat fare and the quality was pretty good but wasted on the clientèle. They'd have stuff like stuff like sea bass being offered by bored looking chefs who were being ignored by the huge queue of people waiting to have chips shovelled on to their tray. You'd see entire familys of lard arses sitting at a table with just plates of chips in front of them and a couple more plates of chips in the middle as some kind of side order.

They'd spend all day drinking free beer and cocktails in the 100 degree plus sun, get ill and then spent the rest of the holiday threatening to sue the company.

A relative (wife's side, in fact wife's brother's wife so no blood line to my children thank god) was trying to talk us into going on one because it "takes away all the stress of having to find somewhere to eat and you can get a burger at 4 in the morning." I don't want to spend a week with people who need spoon feeding

Edited by athom

I am not really a holiday person but if I was to go on holiday there is no way I would pay to go and be locked up in an all in resort.

Its like paying to go to prison.

As someone who has no interest in "drinking myself under the table" whilst on holiday I would never book such a deal as I see no reason why I should subsidise those that do.

And that's before considering the possibility that with a prepaid clientele there is no incentive for the hotel to make the food palatable.

tim

As someone who has no interest in "drinking myself under the table" whilst on holiday I would never book such a deal as I see no reason why I should subsidise those that do.

And that's before considering the possibility that with a prepaid clientele there is no incentive for the hotel to make the food palatable.

tim

Yeah this is a big point for me too, i'm tea-total but figure most brits could drink enough that half the price is needed to cover that. It's like if i go to a restaurant and people are drinking wine by the bottle no way am i just paying an equal share, i work it out and my bill is usually less than half the drinkers.

My recommending distant relative said the food would be good, i said i'd like some variety by going to different restaurants, she said no problem the resort chefs will have a different menu each day so it's really varied. So a lot like at school

But my overriding reason for not going to these places is i don't want the indignity of being made to feel like the crank for not being into the so called entertainment. Ah ga do do do? I'd rather murder myself.

+1

+1

I needed that post today......just finished laughing at it. "Majestic" ...thanks. As for me I woul rather have a nail in my shoe than go on one of these. Only upside is that it might kill a few off early and save some dole money.

snobby today, arent we?

Hilariously so - a real bunch of scowling judgemental snobbish miserable gits who you'd not want within 10km of whatever resort you'd booked the family into :lol:.

I am not really a holiday person but if I was to go on holiday there is no way I would pay to go and be locked up in an all in resort.

I went with a mate and got 2 weeks all inclusive to Goa for £150 in 2005 each as a last minute deal (actually booked 2 weeks before it went). Flights, food, drinks, hotel - everything, for 150 quid.

Incredible. We were hardly prisoners. We didn't do a single tour with them, we went off for a week to check out other towns and stayed in hostels, and when we got back continued to enjoy the free food and drink without the rep batting an eyelid.

Sometimes things are not quite what they appear.

Hilariously so - a real bunch of scowling judgemental snobbish miserable gits who you'd not want within 10km of whatever resort you'd booked the family into :lol:.

What's the point of being carted around in buses, surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Boventry in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their Sunday Mirrors, complaining about the tea, 'Oh, they don't make it properly here, do they, not like at home', stopping at Majorcan bodegas, selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamares and two veg and sitting in cotton sun frocks squirting Timothy White's suncream all over their puffy, raw, swollen, purulent flesh 'cause they 'overdid it on the first day...

... if you're not at your table, spot on seven you miss your bowl of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, the first item on the menu of International Cuisine.

Edited by Clocker

I went with a mate and got 2 weeks all inclusive to Goa for £150 in 2005 each as a last minute deal (actually booked 2 weeks before it went). Flights, food, drinks, hotel - everything, for 150 quid.

Incredible. We were hardly prisoners. We didn't do a single tour with them, we went off for a week to check out other towns and stayed in hostels, and when we got back continued to enjoy the free food and drink without the rep batting an eyelid.

Sometimes things are not quite what they appear.

funny that, sis in law used the argument that you don't need to actually be there if you don't want to but i can't see the logic in booking into somewhere i don't want to be so that i can go somewhere else instead of just booking somewhere else to begin with.

£150 for return to goa is bargain though, just shows what a rip off paying full price is.

No doubt the First Choice version of these types of holidays will be complete crap but I took the family on one a couple of years ago with a more upmarket company. 5 star golf and spa resort, private uncrowded pristine beaches, own water park, floodlit tennis courts, huge pools, incredible food. It set me back a few quid but it was one of the best holidays I've ever had. Full of Germans but I only had two arguments with them during the week, nothing too heated, about stuff like me blocking the way to the sausages at breakfast when I was waiting for my omelette to be cooked.

But First Choice. Nah!

...I would never go on one.....not now, not never, can't think of anything worse to be honest....but I am sure, it might suit some.

....planning your own individual made to measure holiday that suits, such as going off the beaten track, mixing with the locals, new experiences, tastes and flavors of how others live.....fresh air, with a touch of peace and tranquility, for example....no queues, concrete, pools, noise, lots of other greasy bodies fighting for the sunbeds....booking their sunbed before breakfast with their towel. :P

...you can stay in very reasonably costing and comfortable accommodation all over Europe....and eat and drink for very little....depends where you go.

snobby today, arent we?

Miserable as sin. But then you wouldn't expect anything else from the know-nothing Meldrews on here. Last twice I've been away I've been all inclusive. Once to Cuba and once to Croatia. And ill be doing the same again this year. You can't beat knowing your budget up front. Especially with kids.

I haven't been myself but I know many people who have.

All inclusive out of school holidays / half term are great. Like any other holiday but with a decent range of food of drink and the other guests are fine. During peak season however - avoid.

What's the point of being carted around in buses, surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Boventry in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their Sunday Mirrors, complaining about the tea, 'Oh, they don't make it properly here, do they, not like at home', stopping at Majorcan bodegas, selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamares and two veg and sitting in cotton sun frocks squirting Timothy White's suncream all over their puffy, raw, swollen, purulent flesh 'cause they 'overdid it on the first day...

... if you're not at your table, spot on seven you miss your bowl of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, the first item on the menu of International Cuisine.

Is this a reprint of a critique you first wrote in 1979? Watney's Red Barrel - does that even exist any more?

Is this a reprint of a critique you first wrote in 1979? Watney's Red Barrel - does that even exist any more?

.. neither does Timothy White's :)

Miserable as sin. But then you wouldn't expect anything else from the know-nothing Meldrews on here. Last twice I've been away I've been all inclusive. Once to Cuba and once to Croatia. And ill be doing the same again this year. You can't beat knowing your budget up front. Especially with kids.

I don't have kids, another reason to not go to a resort.

My idea of a holiday is being stuck up a mountain with lots of snow for skiing and a lodge full of beer and books. Peace, quite and tranquillity can't beat it.

look, duh, the reason they are doing this is to make more money, simples, they think they can hoover up all that cash that would have gone into the local cafes.

just indicates their desperation to make money, a bit like when they all decided in flight meals and transfers were 'extras' :rolleyes: