House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redcellar

Prime Example Of "it's All About Me"

URL here BBC news article

So motorists moved cones and drove over a giant bomb just because the school run is important, or going to work, shops etc.

Whether or not they knew a bomb was there is irrelevant. What is important is people thought, "well this is an inconvenience, I'll just decide for myself to ignore the road closed sign because it suits me".

I hope all the idiots realise how incredibly lucky they are to still be alive.

Or next time if they decide to take the kids over a bomb to save some time, then just consider (1) adoption or (2) abortion. It's less hassle.

EDITED: thanks up2late :)

So motorists moved cones and drove over a giant bomb just because the school run is important, or going to work, shops etc.

Whether or not they knew a bomb was there is irrelevant. What is important is people thought, "well this is an inconvenience, I'll just decide for myself to ignore the road closed sign because it suits me".

Well maybe, and maybe not.

Have you not seen roadworks where the road is errr... not being worked on? Hundreds of cones, plenty of signs, and zero workers. Personally I think it's frustrating. I've been tempted to throw those cones aside and go about my business.

Maybe one day I will. And hopefully a WWII bomb won't go off at that exact moment ;)