House Price Crash Forum
Annest

Max Keiser And Stacy Herbert

I don't seem to be able to find a reference to Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert on this forum. The Keiser Report is shown on Russia Today and can be seen on www.maxkeiser.com. Many of their programmes are real eye-openers e.g. the recent one about the connection between drugs and the credit crunch. I started watching them when they gave a different opinion on the Iceland economic situation. Does anyone have any views? Are there any episodes that we should watch in particular?

You are not alone! :lol:

Haven't seen the episodes you are on about (sound interesting) but watch them occasionally on RT and have seen some of Max's heavy hitting moments on youtube too. The guy doesn't pull any punches, tells it like it is. If only he was on the BBC news!

As you now realise he does get the occasional mention on here.

I don't seem to be able to find a reference to Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert on this forum. The Keiser Report is shown on Russia Today and can be seen on www.maxkeiser.com. Many of their programmes are real eye-openers e.g. the recent one about the connection between drugs and the credit crunch. I started watching them when they gave a different opinion on the Iceland economic situation. Does anyone have any views? Are there any episodes that we should watch in particular?

Apart from Formula One its one of a few programmes i enjoy, if i've missed an episode i go to rt.com to catch up or watch an older episode. i saw this thursdays prog where he stated the banks were kept going by 100's of billions of dollars made from the cocaine industry 'cos it was the only cash available!

Now and again he starts shouting like a nutter who needs an injection but other than that a very intelligent informed bloke.

If you're after an alternative view watch channel 200/ 201 on sky box think its called showcase.tv, they have some great progs everything from crop circles & ufo's to financial / geopolitical nwo stuff tin foil hat not included.

cheers

I just love Max. He's one of the few economists in touch with reality.

It's amazing how his relevations never seem to make the mainstream media.

I doubt the BBC would allow Max to really tell it how it is.

I love Max Keiser but he can be a very unpredictable hero. He does have very good knowledge underpinning many of his views. Max and Stacy can be observed having very intelligent conversations with a well thought out narrative on a variety of topics, but, are often guilty of grandstanding as well. He is not averse to propagating conspiracy theory (e.g. Alex Jones style commentary), and makes absolutely outrageous claims about various things, for example his SLA "Silver Liberation Army" campaign. Whilst there may be sound reasons behind it, his methods often completely invalidate his message.

As an example of this, I was very excited when he appeared on the 10 o'clock live debate about a month ago (think you can still view it on channel 4). I, like many of his supporters, was hoping this mainstream exposure would really help propagate his message, but he ended up doing more harm to "the cause" than good. He waded in with "Hang the bankers". To those who are familiar with him, this was in fact intended as an expression of one of the most basic tenets of capitalism (i.e. let them fail and punish fraud, and allow the market to measure risk), but made him come across as a nutcase, and thereby easily dismissed by the mainstream, and undermined in debate (as he was on that occasion). Conversely, when in a more serious mood, he can completely destroy people in debates with very powerful observations.

Enjoy the show and listen to the underlying message, but I find it wise to take a good deal of it for what it really is: entertainment.

Edited by Fraccy