House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Mps Given Exemption From Tax Avoidance Rules

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/MPs-given-exemption-tax-tele-1691723378.html?x=0

MPs given exemption from tax avoidance rules
10:31, Friday 8 April 2011
MPs (BSE: MPSLTD.BO - news) have been granted a
special exemption
from new rules designed to clamp down on tax avoidance.
The Government introduced legislation on ‘disguised remuneration’ in the Finance Bill last week to target the practice of using third party vehicles such as offshore trusts to allow employees to avoid or defer the payment of income tax or national insurance contributions.
However, it has emerged that MPs will not be subject to the full force of the new rules.

Reminds of "Gorn With The Wind" when the spiv Rhett Butler was saying that there is plenty of money to be made when society is crumblnig all around you. Easier to make money in chaos and decline than when things are going well. The MPs are simply getting what they can while they can. No different to their bankster chums really.

Reminds me of that old saying: "Make Hay while the sun is still shining."

I've emailed my MP on this. Have you?

Sorry I think it might be worth just checking that they are referring to MPs and not that company mentioned in the article.

I hope that this is an exemption for this company Mps Ltd and not our members of parliament. :blink:

It says MPSLTD.BO in what he quoted. I don't know what stock exchange .BO signifies, but it doesn't look like anything mainstream!

I guess we can't rule out the possibility that it's gibberish ...

It says MPSLTD.BO in what he quoted. I don't know what stock exchange .BO signifies, but it doesn't look like anything mainstream!

OK, it's Indian - guess .BO is Bombay.

Sorry I think it might be worth just checking that they are referring to MPs and not that company mentioned in the article.

I think that it's quite clear in the article that the only exemption is for the government salaries that the MPs receive via the government created intermediate company and not for anything that the MPs contrive on their own behalf

tim