House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistbear

Audi Forced To Offer $285K Cars To Sate Demand For Exclusivity

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-07/audi-to-offer-285-000-special-edition-halo-cars-to-tackle-bmw.html

Audi to Offer $285,000 Special Edition ‘Halo’ Cars to Tackle BMW
By Andreas Cremer - Apr 7, 2011 11:01 PM GMT
Audi AG (NSU) will roll out two limited edition models in coming months as part of an effort to increase the brand’s exclusivity and better compete with Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW) at the high end of the luxury market.
The Volkswagen AG (VOW) unit will introduce a Q7 sport-utility vehicle next month in Russia with a two-tone exterior costing 200,000 euros ($285,000), sales chief Peter Schwarzenbauer said. Audi will begin selling the R8 V10 Pure Sport in the United Arab Emirates for 500,000 dirhams ($136,000) in June.

Russian mafia and fat Arab sheiks rolling in ever larger piles of dough. I wonder what the austere masses must be thinking? :ph34r:

http://www.bloomberg...tackle-bmw.html

Audi to Offer $285,000 Special Edition 'Halo' Cars to Tackle BMW
Audi AG (NSU) will roll out two limited edition models in coming months as part of an effort to increase the brand's exclusivity and better compete with Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW) at the high end of the luxury market.
The Volkswagen AG (VOW) unit will introduce a Q7 sport-utility vehicle next month in Russia with a two-tone exterior costing 200,000 euros ($285,000), sales chief Peter Schwarzenbauer said. Audi will begin selling the R8 V10 Pure Sport in the United Arab Emirates for 500,000 dirhams ($136,000) in June.

Russian mafia and fat Arab sheiks rolling in ever larger piles of dough. I wonder what the austere masses must be thinking? :ph34r:

Target!

Making cars is one of those real jobs industries. Mega scale production, big time wages and benefits.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-07/audi-to-offer-285-000-special-edition-halo-cars-to-tackle-bmw.html

Audi to Offer $285,000 Special Edition ‘Halo’ Cars to Tackle BMW
Audi AG (NSU) will roll out two limited edition models in coming months as part of an effort to increase the brand’s exclusivity and better compete with Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW) at the high end of the luxury market.

If Audi can pull silly money from those willing to shell out on crap like that, fine by me. Go nicely with a diamond-encrusted Nokia?

I think the Germans in Germany are rather happy , thank you very much.

Too true. I am thinking about Germany for a holiday this year. They never allowed HPI and they build nice gear. I think I might buy a used A3 for my next motor as I downsize a bit. Rented a brand new Golf TDi in Portugal and it was like sitting in a car twice the price--near silent, not a creak or rattle, high class interior and effortless performance........for an oil burner.

We just need to get those images of Basil Fawlty out of our minds when we think about Germans. It was so long ago now.

Too true. I am thinking about Germany for a holiday this year. They never allowed HPI and they build nice gear. I think I might buy a used A3 for my next motor as I downsize a bit. Rented a brand new Golf TDi in Portugal and it was like sitting in a car twice the price--near silent, not a creak or rattle, high class interior and effortless performance........for an oil burner.

We just need to get those images of Basil Fawlty out of our minds when we think about Germans. It was so long ago now.

They exported it, and now want their money back.

Isn't that rather the point of negotiating Portugal's surrender this morning?

Um...They had a mega bubble at the same time as japan and crashing prices for decades, and like japan the prices never recovered. They missed this bubble, because the last one was fresher. If your coming out of a 30 year property crash in 2005/6 your not going to get a bubble straight away

Half way down see Caught Out by germany property prices, they Bought a house in Germany 2002 and lost 35% over 4 years, and that was towards the end of the german property crash

http://www.toytownge...php/t39534.html

also here:

http://www.economist.com/node/1057057

West Germany wanted to reunify with East Germany since the time of the removal of the Berlin wall barrier in 1989/1990. It's possibly the most significant thing about the German economy in the last two decades, possibly the most significant thing for the eu.Two economies at the extremes, one very poor and the other very well off.

That would slow Germany's overall growth figures down and probably affected their house prices a lot.

That said since the Second World War West Germany had always adopted a responsible approach to inflation and these days that seems to be also reflected in the approach to interest rate policy in the eurozone.

Germany always seemed to be prepared to have inflation under control compared to the UK and the UK media always compared the UK's economic performance badly with Germany's. The media blamed all sorts of things including the unions and the government's political use of interest rates and its inability to get UK inflation under control and boom and bust.

The BoE has let the UK down just as badly as the government ever did since being given control of interest rates. The UK has not progressed compared to the Berlin wall days being back to prone to boom and bust and back to extremely high relative inflation.

BoE and inflation - nothing like the brochure.

I am half German so keep a close interest in the country, and they really on a high now. Very bullish with regard to business. They will recover all GDP lost during the crisis by the middle of this year. Many forecasters predict that Germany is now positioned for a 10 year surge in manufacturing growth, with 300,000 jobs being created this year alone. Domestic consumption is driving on too. I know people here say Germans don't consume much, they do, but just not on credit. They have just as many gadgets and stuff as we have.

I shall be buying into some German funds for this ISA tax year. They are ramping up expansion into India and China at a phenomenal rate. Germany is certainly a Buy, with long term plans, discipline and the willingness to do real work for real growth.

I am half German so keep a close interest in the country, and they really on a high now. Very bullish with regard to business. They will recover all GDP lost during the crisis by the middle of this year. Many forecasters predict that Germany is now positioned for a 10 year surge in manufacturing growth, with 300,000 jobs being created this year alone. Domestic consumption is driving on too. I know people here say Germans don't consume much, they do, but just not on credit. They have just as many gadgets and stuff as we have.

What morons. DId no one ever tell them that debt is wealth? Amateurs!

There will be more of this in Germany

Two of the worlds largest container ships in port at once shipping out their exports. Up to 14,000 containers in each ship! Takes 36 hours to load one of these beasts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Mærsk

Maersk are ordering new ships which will carry 18,000 - absolute monsters...

http://worldslargestship.com/

The BoE has let the UK down just as badly as the government ever did since being given control of interest rates. The UK has not progressed compared to the Berlin wall days being back to prone to boom and bust and back to extremely high relative inflation.

BoE and inflation - nothing like the brochure.

I think you'll find that the bankrupt of england have done diabolically compared to the las few governments in control of it - the tories at least had the balss andcommon sense to rein at in after admitting their diastrous mistake - kunt just does whatever is needed to keep him sweet with whatever party is in power - banking the paychecks and beefing up his tips protected pension.

I think the last Audi I had cost £300! :lol:

[quote name='Realistbear' timestamp='1302246860' post='2953941'

What my Tory friends have been telling me for all these years - if someone is seriously wealthy it's all down to good, honest hard work, and to begrudge them it is the politics of envy.