House Price Crash Forum
200p

Money Woes 'linked To Rise In Depression'

Another one HPC was ahead of the curve on.

More debt = More depression!

Oh, and we've found our fabled "trigger"!

---

Economic problems may be fuelling a rise in depression in England, it has been suggested.

Prescriptions for anti-depressant drugs such as Prozac rose by more than 40% over the past four years, data obtained by the BBC shows.

GPs and charities said they were being contacted increasingly by people struggling with debt and job worries.

They said financial woe could often act as a "trigger",

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12986314

Edited by Money Spinner

This is running all week on the local radio.

Those who bought into the debt / designer goods / property ladder con trick because the media and Krusty told them they couldn't lose have now found that they have lost and they are on their own whilst Krusty has moved onto promoting holidays.

Hell, I would be depressed. They've been lied to for ten years and now find that they are the ones paying the price.

It's all screwed up.

Some of these people are genuine victims. Vulnerable people extended never ending credit by predatory lenders. But most of 'em are complete idiots who fully knew what they were doing and that was to spend against some imagined future windfall from their property. They made their bed, they'll have to lie in it. Thankfully the majority of them will have nice soothing cream coulored walls to ease their moods a little.

"Caitlens" story tells it all. She has suffered from mental health problems from adolescence and the State gave her a job working in residential care homes for children, she loses it and then she doesn't look for a job "because of the cuts to public services".

This is exactly the damage that is routinely implemented on millions of children. She is now effectively a domesticated cripple dependent on handouts to survive. It is cruel to remove the daily feeding, but the greater cruelty is doing it to her in the first place.

Unbridled welfare, the concept that nobody should lose out, the idea that people are owed anything, the pursuit of equality of outcome, the denial of choice and of access to markets; these are the poisons that damage people like Caitlen.

Edited by bogbrush

I didn't like the woman they had on talking about it. She was very nervous and twitchy. She also said she thought it was good for depressed people to be around other depressed people...

I do think faster access to counselling is needed.

Only one docs that I've known of has had a nut nurse on staff and that was only cos he was the bf of one of the docs.

"Caitlens" story tells it all. She has suffered from mental health problems from adolescence and the State gave her a job working in residential care homes for children, she loses it and then she doesn't look for a job "because of the cuts to public services". No suggestion of offering her time to other people to cut grass, clean windows, tutor children, whatever.

This is exactly the mental damage that is routinely implemented on millions of children. She is now effectively a domesticated, crippled animal dependent on handouts to survive. It is cruel to do this to her and to remove the daily feeding, but the greater cruelty is doing it to her in the first place.

Unbridled welfare, the concept that nobody should have it tough, the idea that people are owed anything, the pursuit of equality of outcome; these are the poisons that produce mentally damaged people like Caitlen.

Don't go on about competition again will you! You've proven on several occassions that you can't cope with compeition

You only like competition if the rules of the game are rigged in your favour - yes, I'll box with you, but only if you have one hand tied behind your back - whilst me, Bogbrush, fights with two hands

Yes, you're the man that pays money so that your thick kids get extra time in their examinations.

Now go back and read your Daily Mail

Guest eight

Unbridled welfare, the concept that nobody should lose out, the idea that people are owed anything, the pursuit of equality of outcome, the denial of choice and of access to markets; these are the poisons that damage people like Caitlen.

You could have saved a lot of pixels and just said "NuLabour".

eight

Only one docs that I've known

You in the quackery (or related) business? Or do you just happen to know so many of them that comments like that are meaningful?

In my perfect world everyone would believe its a 100% free market, but in reality its a 100% monolopy controlled by ME. I would hold all the keys, be guarding all the exits and doors. Muahaha! The fools!

...never being satisfied with what you have got....always wanting more, it has a lot to do with how you think.

The best things in life are free.....you are only worth it when you have paid for it, so if you want it better to save for it. ;)

You in the quackery (or related) business? Or do you just happen to know so many of them that comments like that are meaningful?

I've had a lot of doctors over the years from moving about over the years.

And have spent the last however long trying to get a numb face diagnosed. CT Scan was yesterday!

I wish there was an observer book of hospital tests.

It must the realisation that you will be a debt slave for the rest of your life.

That post bubble syndrome (PBS): "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."

---

Economic problems may be fuelling a rise in depression in England, it has been suggested.

Prescriptions for anti-depressant drugs such as Prozac rose by more than 40% over the past four years, data obtained by the BBC shows.

GPs and charities said they were being contacted increasingly by people struggling with debt and job worries.

They are an insightful lot, the BBC.

The other day i heard a reporter say (on the subject of the car bomb in N Ireland)

"It is not known who carried out the attack, but it is believed to have been from a group against the peace."

Prescient stuff.

This is running all week on the local radio.

Those who bought into the debt / designer goods / property ladder con trick because the media and Krusty told them they couldn't lose have now found that they have lost and they are on their own whilst Krusty has moved onto promoting holidays.

Hell, I would be depressed. They've been lied to for ten years and now find that they are the ones paying the price.

They are depressed because whatever personal issue they should have faced up to they didn't by buying shit things on tick. Now they are facing up to the original problem AND they have a load of debt.

Suicidal isn't in it.

---

Double post cos I have to post thru unstable proxy-servers due to authorities trying to block me from posting on 'ere - yet again!

Edited by erranta

---

Pr-OZ-ac - the 'OZ' factor - do NOT take it as a solution to depression.

GP's hand this shit out like smarties cos they don't have time to talk with people about their problems as in the old days.

Their modern solution is to dole out this medical 'cosh' called pr'OZ'ac which has hideous side effects pages long and causes personality changes.

Find a couple of people or organisations that will give you time to talk thru your problems and get different perspectives and hopefully a long term solution - that's the answer!

Don't take pr'OZ'ac!

GP's hand this shit out like smarties cos they don't have time to talk with people about their problems as in the old days.

Their modern solution is to dole out this medical 'cosh' called pr'OZ'ac which has hideous side effects pages long and causes personality changes.

Find a couple of people or organisations that will give you time to talk thru your problems and get different perspectives and hopefully a long term solution - that's the answer!

Don't take pr'OZ'ac!

We used to have priests to take problems too ...

I suppose being a godless heathen is the problem?

<br />So - you recommend not taking the medication then?<br />

You have further insight from which you can do further research to make a personal choice!

Pr'OZ'ac is a medical population 'cosh'

Minimalist Feng Shui next style to come into fashion , you heard it here first!.

Sounds very post-bailiff to me.

People will be sat on bare floorboards, staring at an un-faded 45 inch rectangle on the wall where the plasma used to hang.

"It's minimalist feng-shui, innit?"

Don't take pr'OZ'ac!

+1 If anyone here feels a bit depressed try Chinese medicine, especially acupuncture

Sounds like BS to a lot of people, but the Chinese have been doing this stuff for thousands of years – Western Drug companies (aka Drug dealers) only a few hundred years and one group is driven by pure profit - go figure

<br />We used to have priests to take problems too ... <br />I suppose being a godless heathen is the problem?<br />

Even the Priests got greedy and got taken for the ride of their lives by the City Dragon Devils who talked them into going 'all-in' into shares with their multi-billion pension fund.

They got wiped out!

So I don't think there would be much hope talking financial problems with them!

Or did they learn their lesson?

+1 If anyone here feels a bit depressed try Chinese medicine, especially acupuncture

Sounds like BS to a lot of people, but the Chinese have been doing this stuff for thousands of years – Western Drug companies (aka Drug dealers) only a few hundred years and one group is driven by pure profit - go figure

I'll go for the one driven by profit - they have an interest in getting it right in that case

cheers :)