House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Casual Observer

Brown: Survived The Hp Bubble

Guest growl
Just heard a part of GB's speech, where he cited the fact thet we'd "survived" last year's house price bubble, due to his strong economic management.

This is preparing us for something, but I can't work out what it is.

Bugger! You beat me by two secs :)

Just heard a part of GB's speech, where he cited the fact thet we'd "survived" last year's house price bubble, due to his strong economic management.

He must be very, very confident that there's not going to be a crash. Otherwise why claim it as a victory?

He must be very, very confident that there's not going to be a crash. Otherwise why claim it as a victory?

I dont know if there is a name for the complex ( i think there is) but he has started to believe his own rubbish, like the share trader who makes 5 succcessful trades in a row - they think that they have cracked it.

I really do think that GB thinks he can pull this nose dive up, he thinks that he is actually fooling people ( and to an extent he is). He takes credit for a global boom and yet will will state that its a 'global' bust. Hes a bit of a court jester. The markets own the court and by the time that dawns on him it will be to late.

EDITED:

OR

He is a very smart man and knows that i think that way and is counter stepping my thoughts... So i come up with this....

He is making the economy out to be strong, that all the problems are just minimal, that way when he becomes PM he can say to the new chancellor "but it was ok when i left it" therefore going down as one of the greatest chancellors in UK History. Leaving the new guy to get hung.

Edited by theChuz

strange how since immediatly after hurican katrina brown has been on TV almost daily! Hes going to blame the whole mess on Katrina and the cost of oil ......

Edited by Who Knows

strange how since immediatly after hurican katrina brown has been on TV almost daily! Hes going to blame the whole mess on Katrina and the cost of oil ......

Has a whiff of Jo Moore about it, doesn't it, with the variation replacing "bury" with "excuse".

He must be having a quick snigger about not telling the Blairs we were in a bubble when they bought - cheeky Gordy.

/G

He's trying to get through the party conference. Immediate problems are always what politicians try and deal with. Whatever gets him to No. 10.

Guest Bart of Darkness

He's a politician. Nothing is ever their fault (unless they're caught shagging their mistress, then they resign -- for about 12 months, until the hubbub has subsided).

This is a risk-free tactic for Brown. At this late stage there is a very remote chance that his comments will help hold off the coming meltdown. Might as well give it a shot, go down fighting etc. If it doesn't work, as is vastly more likely, he is finished anyway.

Another boom and bust chancellor to add to the dustbin of history.

frugalista

if he's admitted a bubble existed last year, what has changed in our economy in the last 12 months that has enabled us to avoid a meltdown in prices.

or to put it another way has'nt the economy gone down hill to the extent that these overvalued houses are no longer sustainable?

how can anyone believe a word he says