House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
South Lorne

Real Inflation - Council To Charge For Using Tip

....not such a good idea....

£2 fee to use a council tip: Fury as town halls bring in 'rubbish tax'

Taking rubbish to the municipal dump is to cost money for the first time under new ‘tip taxes’ introduced by councils.

Refuse dump charges will mean anyone taking their rubbish to ‘recycling centres’ will be hit with a £2 charge for driving in – and may be asked to pay more for getting rid of some types of waste.

The charges are the latest wheeze for taxes on rubbish invented by local authorities to raise extra money on top of their council taxes and Treasury grants.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1373828/2-fee-use-council-tip-Fury-town-halls-bring-rubbish-tax.html

Just put your rubbish in the street or at railway embankments! It gets removed by magic! :huh:

Just put your rubbish in the street or at railway embankments! It gets removed by magic! :huh:

Laybys have the same magical properties Mr Pin!

This just reinforces my view of council staff. It will inevitably lead to more fly-tipping which, other than its unsightliness and pollution, will cost more to clean up than this levy will raise. It is creating an expensive problem where there wasn't one. Councils are staffed by stupid incompetent time-servers counting the days until they get their final salary pensions.

Laybys have the same magical properties Mr Pin!

This just reinforces my view of council staff. It will inevitably lead to more fly-tipping which, other than its unsightliness and pollution, will cost more to clean up than this levy will raise. It is creating an expensive problem where there wasn't one. Councils are staffed by stupid incompetent time-servers counting the days until they get their final salary pensions.

I'd agree its going to cost more.

Saw this on the news the other day and said it was going to roll out to more councils. I mean who the hell is going to pay £2 to use a bottle bank, it's free at the supermarket.

Considering all the rubbish is sorted how can the councils not be making money on all the steel etc....

What's next 10p to use a road crossing?

50p a day for your child to attend school.

Pretty soon all of our council tax will be paying for is pensions and loan repayments and ZERO services.

Brown bin collection yesterday - inspector with clipboard going through the bins removing things not allowed... large plastic tub remove up the road, various food plastic removed across from there. Other neighbours affected too.Street littered with rubbish now.

He took the abuse he got nicely but what was the point? Only the people who saw the man to ask what he was doing will have any idea why their streets are full of crap when they got home from work.

Sticking a sticker on the top of the bin with the up to date list of what you can put in would have been more use.

;-/

Brown bin collection yesterday - inspector with clipboard going through the bins removing things not allowed... large plastic tub remove up the road, various food plastic removed across from there. Other neighbours affected too.Street littered with rubbish now.

He took the abuse he got nicely but what was the point? Only the people who saw the man to ask what he was doing will have any idea why their streets are full of crap when they got home from work.

Sticking a sticker on the top of the bin with the up to date list of what you can put in would have been more use.

;-/

You should have called the police and got him done for littering.

Edited by interestrateripoff

You should have called the police and got him done for littering.

It crossed my mind ... He might be on CCTV doing it which would be quite fun. :)

Don't get me started!!!!!! As of this month, on top of my council tax, Lambeth County Council:

* Charge an annual charge of £25 for garden waste collection

* Charge £5 for each re-usable bag

* Charge £20 for 3 items of bulky rubbish disposal

* Are not replacing any stolen or damaged wheely bins - have to buy your own

All of the above were previously covered by your annual council tax up until this month.

I rather suspect that the there's still enough funding for the one-legged black lesbian focus groups however or final salary pension schemes. dry.gif

Can't comment upon bulk waste, but I suspect that this charge (to the user) is illegal under the WEEE directive if you've only gone in to dispose of electronic waste.

tim

There is no justification for this charge on top of the hefty council tax we all pay!

It will encourage fly tipping! :angry:

There is no justification for this charge on top of the hefty council tax we all pay!

It will encourage fly tipping! :angry:

....makes me mad also...bl**dy cheek....will have to light that fire (after checking the neighbours washing is in) work on a rotational basis. ;)

.£2 fee to use a council tip: Fury as town halls bring in 'rubbish tax'

I can see why. The council recycling centre near us is used a lot and the amount of rubble and building material they accept from "householders" is incredible. People should hire skips and have the rubbish disposed of at their cost.

Personally I think it would be fairer to do it on weight and exclude certain items (grass, garden cuttings, clothes, cardboard, paper, glass, tin cans), but given most who turf up have their old patio in the back of a van they should pay.

Council Tax might be frozen, but local Parish fees aren't.

All that happened was that Council Tax stayed the same and Parish fees went up about £7.

Apparently, this is perfectly legal and well within the remit.

I can see why. The council recycling centre near us is used a lot and the amount of rubble and building material they accept from "householders" is incredible. People should hire skips and have the rubbish disposed of at their cost.

Personally I think it would be fairer to do it on weight and exclude certain items (grass, garden cuttings, clothes, cardboard, paper, glass, tin cans), but given most who turf up have their old patio in the back of a van they should pay.

...Rubbish....local residents generally do not take building rubble to the tip, most family cars would not take it....fair enough charge for vans and commercial rubbish...no excuse to charge local residents for taking their old bottles, cans, cardboard and garden waste to the local tip.....why charge for doing your recycling duty....the councils are turning into hypocrites anything to get more money to pay for their own wasteful ways. :(