House Price Crash Forum
Radge

Grand Designs - Money They Haven't Got!

This McLeod character is a hoot. Couple have £350K mortgage on London flat, £350K mortgage on New Forest cottage that burned down while uninsured (!) and want another £200K mortgage to rebuild the cottage. To try and make it sound 'exciting', just before the first addie break McLeod briefs the viewer that "they haven't agreed the £200K mortgage but have started work anyway, so they're spending money they haven't got!"

They haven't got the £200K? Feckwit, they didn't have the £700K either!! They borrowed it, you numpty!

This McLeod character is a hoot. Couple have £350K mortgage on London flat, £350K mortgage on New Forest cottage that burned down while uninsured (!) and want another £200K mortgage to rebuild the cottage. To try and make it sound 'exciting', just before the first addie break McLeod briefs the viewer that "they haven't agreed the £200K mortgage but have started work anyway, so they're spending money they haven't got!"

They haven't got the £200K? Feckwit, they didn't have the £700K either!! They borrowed it, you numpty!

McCloud I think :)

McCloud I think :)

as in "Head in the McClouds"

(oh and I love grand designs in principle, mainly due to a hatred of the identical lego houses that are built these days by most big house builders, but it is quite annoying that, with a couple of notable exceptions (the woodland house for example), the people usually featured are couples at least one of whom is working as an architect who have the best part of a million to spend as they are the only ones who can afford the land plus the 18 months off that it takes to project manage)

This McLeod character is a hoot.

Why? I like his programme and it's clear he's into the design, construction and architecture of homes, as opposed to looking at them as things you buy and sell to make a profit. Not his fault are trying to drown themselves in debt.

Why? I like his programme and it's clear he's into the design

I enjoy the design aspect of the show, but it's a shame he has to resort to sensationalism/drama to keep people hooked.. "OMG.. the house may fall down any moment.." < ad break > "The house didn't fall down".