House Price Crash Forum
anonguest

What Is This All About?!

What's all this about? I havent exactly been on a round trip of the solar system, and know about shared ownership, etc and such like schemes - but is this really what it looks like? A homeowner selling a less than 50% legal share in their house - with the promise to the would be buyer that they may have an opportunity to buy the remainder at some point in the future??!!!

Who on earth would part with their cash on such terms??!!

Does the buyer get exclusive use the house 48.5% of the year????

Is this indicative of the anecdotes of homeowners refusing to bite the bullet and recognise that, given their particular circumstances, they really should sell up and move on - and are resorting to any means possible to make it financially possible to stay in their homes?

wth.JPG

post-7446-0-67850400-1302088668_thumb.jpg

What's all this about? I havent exactly been on a round trip of the solar system, and know about shared ownership, etc and such like schemes - but is this really what it looks like? A homeowner selling a less than 50% legal share in their house - with the promise to the would be buyer that they may have an opportunity to buy the remainder at some point in the future??!!!

Who on earth would part with their cash on such terms??!!

Does the buyer get exclusive use the house 48.5% of the year????

Is this indicative of the anecdotes of homeowners refusing to bite the bullet and recognise that, given their particular circumstances, they really should sell up and move on - and are resorting to any means possible to make it financially possible to stay in their homes?

Well if they sold 50% there could be arguments about decorating etc.

By keeping 51.5% they have the last word.

Jeezus, fancy spending a quarter of a MILLION pounds on that ugly looking 2-bed terraced house, and still not even owning half of it.

It's enough to make you suicidal

Edited by exiges

Jeezus, fancy spending a quarter of a MILLION pounds on that ugly looking 2-bed terraced house, and still not even owning half of it.

Well it tipped me over the edge as I sit typing this from the hereafter.

(You'll be glad to know that the 3G network is available here in the great beyond, btw)

I assume that it's not the seller that owns the other 51.5%; it's a housing association.

The current owner, and any future owner of the share would have to pay the HA rent for their share.

And yes, it's a con.

the quarter millon pounds is the grossed up price

I assume that it's not the seller that owns the other 51.5%; it's a housing association.

The current owner, and any future owner of the share would have to pay the HA rent for their share.

And yes, it's a con.

though to be fair, not one perpetuated by the current owner