House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Buyer Incurs Fee From Agent?

Stops time wasters, but as there is such pent up demand, time wasters don't exist.

Yeah it certainly stops the time wasters who just want to be nosey. One picture only. ;-/

This is potentially (and I do stress potentially) good news. As long as there is a contract with the purchaser, then the agent is presumably then the agent of the purchaser and not the seller. How they will manage the inherent conflicts of interests this raises I don't know, and I expect they won't even try--at first. But it only takes one legal action from a p1553ed off buyer, or indeed a complaint to the property ombudsman.

I would gladly pay an estate agent, as long as I knew they were working to get me the best deal, and not the seller.

Some estate agents would charge their grandmother a fee for passing the gravy at Christmas lunch if they thought she would cough up.

London letting agents are the worst, an acquaintance of mine agreed to let a flat from some agents and was told he would have to pay them a £50 fee to take the ad down.

PLEASE NOTE: To purchase a property through Elite Property Search an agency fee will be incurred by the buyer

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33454208.html

It's a sure sign that estate agents won't exist within 5 years.

Once one of the main listing websites open up to private sellers that will be it, all current estate agents will turn into letting agents.

Perhaps that is why they are discouraging buyers in stagnant market.

This is potentially (and I do stress potentially) good news. As long as there is a contract with the purchaser, then the agent is presumably then the agent of the purchaser and not the seller. How they will manage the inherent conflicts of interests this raises I don't know, and I expect they won't even try--at first. But it only takes one legal action from a p1553ed off buyer, or indeed a complaint to the property ombudsman.

I would gladly pay an estate agent, as long as I knew they were working to get me the best deal, and not the seller.

So you don't think they will charge the seller as well?

In some cases they should just charge the buyer a finders fee particularly when they send you letters saying they have interested buyers looking in your area.

I replied to one and the EA wanted to charge me 1% + VAT . The stupid thing was that the buyer they had was coming to view my property the next day having done his own mail shot.