House Price Crash Forum

David Cameron Gives £650 Million To Pakistan

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1373478/David-Cameron-offers-Pakistan-650m-spend-education.html

Our economy is finished. Millions are unemployed. Our debt is getting bigger and bigger everyday. We face the real threat of total collapse and decline.

and this idiot gives £650 million to Pakistan.

... unbelievable really. Giving £650 million to a country where most of the people want to kill us.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

On the same day that benefits are being cut and national insurance contributions go up? What goes through their bloody heads

Only stuff that is pumped through their heads by their string pullers.

It is a long time now since we've had a government with even the slightest interest of the majority of the country at heart.

This shower are backsliding on nearly every election mandate and increasingly looking no better than Brownhole at all.

Meanwhile the backsliding Cable is complaining that the universities are going to charge the top rate of allowable tuitions fees - what a jerk, you set the rules and they are following them.

HOLA444

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1373478/David-Cameron-offers-Pakistan-650m-spend-education.html

Our economy is finished. Millions are unemployed. Our debt is getting bigger and bigger everyday. We face the real threat of total collapse and decline.

... unbelievable really. Giving £650 million to a country where most of the people want to kill us.

ok come on , theyve just lost at cricket, have a heart

Imagine the difference 650m will make to a few businessmens and politicians retirement pot, it brings a tear to the eye, gawd bless every one of em

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Calm down, he's just handing over the Danegeld so they don't blow us all up. B)

This is partially correct, the money was given to education and schools in Pakistan, presumbly our govt has realised that helping to invest in proper education for the youth of Pakistan will keep them out of the Madrassah ( religious schools) which are really the only form of "education" for the poor in Pakistan.

Now I dont know about you, Id much rather have Pakistani youth learning about science, maths and other skills that will help them in the 21st century, rather than how to memorise religious text and to be told by a beardy weirdy about how awful the west is. Id say this is money saved in the long run.

Edited by JustAnotherProle

HOLA449

This is partially correct, the money was given to education and schools in Pakistan, presumbly our govt has realised that helping to invest in proper education for the youth of Pakistan will keep them out of the Madrassah ( religious schools) which are really the only form of "education" for the poor in Pakistan.

Now I dont know about you, Id much rather have Pakistani youth learning about science, maths and other skills that will help them in the 21st century, rather than how to memorise religious text and to be told by a beardy weirdy about how awful the west is. Id say this is money saved in the long run.

Id rather they spent THEIR OWN money on schools rather than Nuclear weapons.

HOLA4410

Danegeld it is then.

Very little of this money will result in different educational outcomes for Pakistani children. The people who want - and occasionally succeed - to blow us up are doing it because we are interfering in their country's outcomes, not despite it.

HOLA4411

Weren't all the London bombers taught about science and maths in BRITISH schools?

Most of our terrorists are home grown.

Pakistan is a genetically backward nation. Most of the intelligent people became Indians (whom subsequently didn't interbred with their cousins) so unfortunately there is absolutely nothing we can do about Pakistan unless they suddenly decide to stop interbreeding.

HOLA4412

Weren't all the London bombers taught about science and maths in BRITISH schools?

Pakistan is a genetically backward nation. Most of the intelligent people became Indians (whom subsequently didn't interbred with their cousins) so unfortunately there is absolutely nothing we can do about Pakistan unless they suddenly decide to stop interbreeding.

Im not sure having a Brititsh National Holiday in a few weeks in celebration of it is the right way to discourage them

HOLA4413

+1. The justification for spending this money (and the war in Afghanistan) is that it will somehow prevent terrorist attacks in the UK. Absolute rubbish.

If the £650m was a deal for taking back all the Pakistanis in the UK who want to live under some sort of Muslim code, rather that UK law, then it would be money well spent - far better chance of preventing terrorist attacks by getting rid of the enemy within.

AvoidLondon77.jpg

A sign on the M25 warns drivers to avoid the city after the 7/7 bombings.

Edited by Constable

HOLA4414

An utterly insane decision - expect pathetic justifications for this totally bizarre decision. Our defences get cut, we gift £650m to, let's face it a shitty country with nasty intentions who, no doubt are increasing spending on their military.

Just what is up with our 'leaders' are they all totally insane?

Sometimes I think we are actually in world war 3 - it's just taking place financially instead of militarily. (this far)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Come on Chris, judging by your avatar, I know that you, like me, are positively buoyant that Cameron has pushed us another £650 million closer to the edge of the precipice. It's going to happen anyway, so let's get it over as soon as possible so the well-informed likes of me and you can cash up and get on with our much enriched lives.

Go Dave!!!

HOLA4418

I'm sure the money had good intentions, but I'm sceptical that Pakistan, a developing country, will be able to successfully administer this cash, and that all of it will end up being well spent in schools.

I wonder how much will end up getting syphoned off into "special projects"?

It literally is the same as throwing money at something in the hope that it will fix it. Its exactly the same as what our previous government were guilty of doing.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Better to think of it as the number of front line staff.

650m is Aprox 30m in interest payments forever.

That is equal to about 1000 teachers or Jr doctors forever

So thus gift has meant takings away 1k teachers permanently

& the spending of those jobs would have created Aprox 1k mire jobs

So this aid gift could have been used to sustain permanently 2k UK jobs.

Or think of the full aid budget of 8b or so.

If that was instead spent in the UK it would equal about 50k perminant jobs

HOLA4421

I'm sorry but wouldn't this cover Englands prescriptions fees?

So you're having to pay for supposedly free health care so that bribe money can be sent to Pakistan in order to persaude them to buy British weapons perhaps?

One question - why the ****** do you guys keep voting for these people??

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I'm sure the money had good intentions, but I'm sceptical that Pakistan, a developing country, will be able to successfully administer this cash, and that all of it will end up being well spent in schools.

It literally is the same as throwing money at something in the hope that it will fix it. Its exactly the same as what our previous government were guilty of doing.

they were discussing this on daytime TV....it was RIGHT that we, a rich nation, should give this money as it is for schools, was the consencus, although, size for size, we give much more than the US.

In my book, charity should begin at home.

as i said early, .65 Billion saved...and this is for ONE country, is .65 billion OFF the deficit, and as cells rightly points out, .65billions worth of interest payments on the loan not needed.

HOLA4424

The whole idea of aid is broken. No matter how much aid you give it will not be enough.

For example the west could have given China 1 trillion in aid per year every year yet it would have still been very poor. However if they themselves adapt their laws to protect property & business then they can produce for themselves and lift themselves out of poverty.

Aid should consist of a free place at university to learn about the history of property law and how good laws allow a nation to produce for itself productively anything it needs.

Total cost sub 1m

HOLA4425