House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nickolarge

Bankster Quote

"Capital must protect itself in every possible way, both by combination and legislation. Debts must be collected, mortgages foreclosed as rapidly as possible.

"When, through process of law, the common people lose their homes, they will become more docile and more easily governed through the strong arm of the government applied by a central power of wealth under leading financiers.

"These truths are well known among our principal men, who are now engaged in forming an imperialism to govern the world. By dividing the voter through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting for questions of no importance.

"It is thus, by discrete action, we can secure for ourselves that which has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished."

- Montagu Norman, Governor of The Bank Of England, addressing the United States Bankers' Association, NYC 1924

NB: This quotation was reprinted in the Idaho Leader, USA, on 26th August 1924, and has been read into the Australian Federal Hansard twice: by John Evans MP, in 1926, and by MD Cowan MP, in the session of 1930-31.

Just got this as part of an email from a friend. I know it's probably been posted before but things like this need a regular airing.

Just got this as part of an email from a friend. I know it's probably been posted before but things like this need a regular airing.

reminds me how Gordon Brown was their stooge

but yeah

This looks like one of those quotes where someone will come along in a minute and show us it was a spoof quote that has been circulating on t'internet.

Obviously that would be one of the bankster shills that pollute HPC from time to time...

This looks like one of those quotes where someone will come along in a minute and show us it was a spoof quote that has been circulating on t'internet.

Indeed. Or out of context. Or out of date.

In any event, could anyone say the bankers' plans were really "so well planned and so successfully accomplished" given that now the government owns the banks instead of the other way around?!

...here's more from a similar stable.... :rolleyes:

BANKING ELITE

Revealing quotes from those who know

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson 1816

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed." - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864 (letter to Col. William F. Elkins) Ref: The Lincoln Encyclopedia, Archer H. Shaw (Macmillan, 1950, NY)

"The real menace to our Republic is the invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over the city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen. At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as the International bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually runs the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties. It seizes in its long and powerful tentacles our executive officers, our legislative bodies, our schools, our courts, our newspapers, and every agency created for public protection" - John Hylan, 1922, Mayor of New York (1918-1925)

"We have in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board... this evil institution has impoverished... the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the money vultures who control it." - Rep. Louis T. McFadden (R-PA) 1932

"Capital must protect itself in every possible way, both by combination and legislation. Debts must be collected, mortgages foreclosed as rapidly as possible.

"When, through process of law, the common people lose their homes, they will become more docile and more easily governed through the strong arm of the government applied by a central power of wealth under leading financiers.

"These truths are well known among our principal men, who are now engaged in forming an imperialism to govern the world. By dividing the voter through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting for questions of no importance.

"It is thus, by discrete action, we can secure for ourselves that which has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished."

- Montagu Norman, Governor of The Bank Of England, addressing the United States Bankers' Association, NYC 1924

NB: This quotation was reprinted in the Idaho Leader, USA, on 26th August 1924, and has been read into the Australian Federal Hansard twice: by John Evans MP, in 1926, and by MD Cowan MP, in the session of 1930-31.

http://www.unitedearth.com.au/banking.html

...like this one.... :)

Before our white brothers arrived to make us civilized men,

we didn't have any kind of prison. Because of this, we had no delinquents.

Without a prison, there can be no delinquents.

We had no locks nor keys and therefore among us there were no thieves.

When someone was so poor that he couldn't afford a horse, a tent or a blanket,

he would, in that case, receive it all as a gift.

We were too uncivilized to give great importance to private property.

We didn't know any kind of money and consequently, the value of a human being

was not determined by his wealth.

We had no written laws laid down, no lawyers, no politicians,

therefore we were not able to cheat and swindle one another.

We were really in bad shape before the white men arrived and I don't know

how to explain how we were able to manage without these fundamental things

that (so they tell us) are so necessary for a civilized society.

John (Fire) Lame Deer

Sioux Lakota - 1903-1976

According to Wikipedia, he seems to have been a very nasty piece of work. He seems to have collaborated with the Nazis, had very close relationships with them including being the godparent of one of the Bundesbank / Reichsbank's president's grandchildren and was possibly involved in the transfer of a large amount of Czech gold to the Bundesbank / Reichsbank during the war.

Come the revolution we need to follow Jefferson's and Lincoln's advice and keep the right to issue money in the hands of the government. As more means of exchange is needed as the population expands and productive output expands with technological development, the government can spend into the society the new money it creates.

I find it interesting that the highly educated founding fathers of America like Jefferson and Madison wanted most things not in the hands of the government, but some things like roads and money they wanted into the hands of government.

Interestingly China has mainly done just that. It has major banks, but they are state owned. So they can provide cheap credit to China's industrial development. According to the UN China has lifted more people out of poverty over the last 20 years than the rest of the world combined. Even though China is about 1/5th of the global population.

It certainly looks like it - it's far to 'neat' and a quick search doesn't point to any authoritative sources.

...I used the word 'stable' because many of these quotes are misquotes ...some are hearsay made up and others far from the mark...in the case of Thomas Jefferson if you follow the first link to the letter written by him to John Taylor on May 28, 1816 the last words in the last paragraph are:

And I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.

..as this is documented and signed it is most likely to be genuine ....the link below it goes on to reflect he did agree with note issuing by the various States in a letter to John Wayles Eppes on June 24, 1813....

It is a wise rule and should be fundamental in a government disposed to cherish its credit, and at the same time to restrain the use of it within the limits of its faculties, "never to borrow a dollar without laying a tax in the same instant for paying the interest annually, and the principal within a given term; and to consider that tax as pledged to the creditors on the public faith." On such a pledge as this, sacredly observed, a government may always command, on a reasonable interest, all the lendable money of their citizens, while the necessity of an equivalent tax is a salutary warning to them and their constituents against oppressions, bankruptcy, and its inevitable consequence, revolution. But the term of redemption must be moderate, and at any rate within the limits of their rightful powers. But what limits, it will be asked, does this prescribe to their powers? What is to hinder them from creating a perpetual debt?

...and...

"It is a litigated question, whether the circulation of paper, rather than of specie, is a good or an evil. In the opinion of England and of English writers it is a good; in that of all other nations it is an evil; and excepting England and her copyist, the United States, there is not a nation existing, I believe, which tolerates a paper circulation. The experiment is going on, however, desperately in England, pretty boldly with us, and at the end of the chapter, we shall see which opinion experience approves: for I believe it to be one of those cases where mercantile clamor will bear down reason, until it is corrected by ruin. In the meantime, however, let us reason on this new call for a national bank.

...the full text of each letter are both valid considerations for todays' Governments as they wrestle with current economic issues..... :rolleyes: