House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scrappycocco

Piece On The Detrimental Effect Of The Cuts To Whatever

Just makes me mad, I voted for cuts because we can't go on increasing the debt and I want to pay less tax:

http://www.itv.com/news/thecuts/

You can imagine what it's about, just get your comments in there - it's us against them. I find it strange that a lot of their viewers are old people who will be hardest hit by inflation if cuts aren't made.

Just makes me mad, I voted for cuts because we can't go on increasing the debt and I want to pay less tax:

You can imagine what it's about, just get your comments in there - it's us against them. I find it strange that a lot of their viewers are old people who will be hardest hit by inflation if cuts aren't made.

...agreed ...time they woke up and faced reality instead of huddling in a moaning, whining group..... :rolleyes:

Services are going to be cut.

Taxes aren't - the money is going to go to banksters and nor nurses. Anyone in favour of this who isn't one of the oligarchs is a ******wit.

Services are going to be cut.

Taxes aren't - the money is going to go to banksters and nor nurses. Anyone in favour of this who isn't one of the oligarchs is a ******wit.

Isn't corporation tax getting cut or did I dream that?

If you're in favour of cuts then you're in favour of more private debt.

Don't you get it yet?

If you're in favour of cuts then you're in favour of more private debt.

Don't you get it yet?

Short term yes but the point everone seems to miss is someone has to pay. We dont cut and we have more debt as a country for the future, we do cut and SOME people will have more debt.

Someone somewhere has to go through the pain, the sooner people accept it the better. I'm not syaing cuts are the best ways I'm just saying what ever we do there will be pain so there is no point in saying if you take course of action (a) things will be bad as course of action (B) will be bad, just from someone else.

Edited by FIGGY

I watched a TV interview outside a town hall the other day. There was large signage pointing to the various services the council offered. What was not there was any sign saying "Governance". It is my opinion that the fundamental purpose of such government is governance, ensuring their patch is run in an orderly manner. All these day care centres have nothing to do with governance, providing services is not governance. We select a government according to how we wish to be ruled, not to provide services.

Cuts? What cuts?

I was under the impression that the coalition government was increasing public spending, not cutting it.

OK, slow down in spending. Deficit reduction leading to,they hope, debt reduction

Edited by FIGGY

The public sectors rate of expansion has to stopped. Taxes should be cut dramatically for the lower paid and the financial sector should be forced to pay for the economic vandalism caused.

The public sectors rate of expansion has to stopped. Taxes should be cut dramatically for the lower paid and the financial sector should be forced to pay for the economic vandalism caused.

Works for me... unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the plan.

OK, slow down in spending. Deficit reduction leading to,they hope, debt reduction

Slow down in spending eh? Sounds a bit different to "cuts".

This government plan to spend even more this year than was spent last year. Maybe the rate of increase has slowed, but surely in tough economic times that is to be expected?