House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris25

Massive Absence Of Males In The Music Industry

http://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/songs/

Just been checking the Itunes top 100 for the USA.

*I reckon nearly 90% of the music is from solo female artists.

Is it a conspiracy or just a sign of feminization of society? What do ya think?

Another thing that amazes me is; of the 10% males, none appear to be from proper male rock bands. I thought rock was meant to go through a revival in the mid 00's with new bands like the Arctic Monkeys, but it is now amazing how rock music has virtually died.

Don't get me wrong, female music like Adele, Florence and the Machine, Taylor Swift etc is all very good, and I'm not knocking it. I'm just saying that all young blokes need to listen and take inspiration from rock music; it is a rite of passage to becoming an adult man. But perhaps males nowdays don't think that way??

*Edit, if you go down further more is from males, but can people like Justin Bieber really even be considered male? :P *

rock's alive and well but the charts won't feature a lot of it.

the x factor generation really has killed mainstream music.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/songs/

Just been checking the Itunes top 100 for the USA.

*I reckon nearly 90% of the music is from solo female artists.

Is it a conspiracy or just a sign of feminization of society? What do ya think?

Another thing that amazes me is; of the 10% males, none appear to be from proper male rock bands. I thought rock was meant to go through a revival in the mid 00's with new bands like the Arctic Monkeys, but it is now amazing how rock music has virtually died.

Don't get me wrong, female music like Adele, Florence and the Machine, Taylor Swift etc is all very good, and I'm not knocking it. I'm just saying that all young blokes need to listen and take inspiration from rock music; it is a rite of passage to becoming an adult man. But perhaps males nowdays don't think that way??

*Edit, if you go down further more is from males, but can people like Justin Bieber really even be considered male? :P *

Or it could just be rock is out of vogue. There are plenty men in the music business but R&B is where it is at. You can hardly turn on MTV without tripping over Timberland - he's in EVERYTHING -Tiny Tempah too! Get with the times brother.

Or it could just be rock is out of vogue. There are plenty men in the music business but R&B is where it is at. You can hardly turn on MTV without tripping over Timberland - he's in EVERYTHING -Tiny Tempah too! Get with the times brother.

R&B is generally throw away trash music. Trash lyrics, trash tunes sung by trashy people like Chris Brown.

However, I will agree with you by saying some of the songs Timberland have been very good.

By the way I am not some music snob, I have a load of R&B music on my Ipod. It can be very catchy, and good in clubs. But the songs lack lyrical meaning, generally sound generic and are very easy to get fed up with.

R&B is generally throw away trash music. Trash lyrics, trash tunes sung by trashy people like Chris Brown.

However, I will agree with you by saying some of the songs Timberland have been very good.

By the way I am not some music snob, I have a load of R&B music on my Ipod. It can be very catchy, and good in clubs. But the songs lack lyrical meaning, generally sound generic and are very easy to get fed up with.

"Sticks and Stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me"

What do you mean lack lyrical meaning?

She likes the smell of sex too for some weird reason, does our rihannanananana.

By the way, your kids are viewing her music videos at primary school, and the teachers couldn't care less.

(would be nice if i could embed it)

Music is all cyclical. I do find most mainstream "R&B" generic dross, but unfortunately I don't control the charts... Bloke at work has R1 on all day...Hearing Adele 10 times over several hours drives a person insane...

As someone who is mainly a classical music person, I'm surprised that we haven't yet seen a female resident conductor of one of the top rank orchestras (e.g. Berlin PO, LA Phil, Concertgebouw etc.). For about a decade now I've expected to see one either make it under their own steam, be artificially propelled into the post for political correctness reasons or a combination of the two (i.e. a minor but viable talent given a boost by PC-ness). But so far, it doesn't seem to have happened. I'm a bit surprised, given that the proportion of women in professional orchestras seems to have been gradually increasing in the last few years.

(would be nice if i could embed it)

Awesome! Funny but true.

RnB kinda washes over me.

As for the OP there does seem to be more girls in mainstream pop, perhaps something to do with music being sexed up. Even what boys there are a too pretty.

The boys with guitars and attitude are probably out there, just not cutting through.

Here are some real (fat old) men.....still going, age shall not wither etc....

Filmed at QVC Studios no less!!

Depending on your reaction, i may or may not be involved with these cats....

Here are some real (fat old) men.....still going, age shall not wither etc....

Filmed at QVC Studios no less!!

Depending on your reaction, i may or may not be involved with these cats....

Good for you!

Western males no longer have much to crow about.... and so, folks no longer pay to hear(and see) a contemporary Western Alpha male strut but rather prefer the roaring of the Alpha girls instead.

EDIT: also see http://www.livescience.com/117-monkeys-pay-female-monkey-bottoms.html

It reflects a disproportionate number of women legally downloading.

Women are less technically minded than men and BitTtorrent too complicated for them so they download stuff legally.

"A woman programming is like a dog playing the piano. You're not surprised she can do it well, just that she can do it at all."