House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Super Rich Employing Gurkhas To Keep Squatters At Bay

It’s almost like a plague of locusts sweeping across London taking over, property by property.”

I presme they are referng to the billonaires with this remark.

Not that long back (well just before NuLab took power) there were plenty of security (at the night-watchman level) paying £3 a hour. People took those jobs on as they were able to claim for 15 hours a day. Could be those days are coming back...

What is the point of this?

If you owned a place would you not want it squatter free?

Gurkhas are a pain in the backside to control on a range or battlefield but they are great at security so why not?

I have a lot of time for gurkhas and he has been decorated but take away the uniform and his rifle and he is just a 5ft bloke that weighs the same as a school girl.

...who could tear you a new ash-hole with his bare hands.

...and would have absolutely no reservations about doing so if you threatened something he'd been ordered to protect.

There's no doubt that the number of people without work will soar. As the cuts bite, private industry is in no position to create the numbers required. At the same time the govt is making it a lot harder to get benefits, so there will be an increase in crime as desperate folk without scruples find a way to survive. It looks like the security industry is going to have a boom time.

I have a lot of time for gurkhas and he has been decorated but take away the uniform and his rifle and he is just a 5ft bloke that weighs the same as a school girl.

:lol:

I hope and assume you're being ironic, or you've never fought a small but efficient person.

I think that you may be confusing nepalese soldiers with Jackie Chan :lol:

I was only joking btw, I have worked with them, seen them training, eaten with them and known some of their families - Like I said in my original post though they would be my first choice for the job.

"Get your filthy hands off my desert".

Presumably these people are being hired not to stop people getting in to where the millionaires are living, but where they are not living. Its just they are rich enough to stop other people from living their too.

Didnt Mugabe do a clear out trash operation because he didnt like those people living in their hovels? It is the same sort of sociopathic/psychopathic behaviour we are seeing here. A lot of their wealth is all about preventing other people from having good lives, they seem to take pleasure from that.

I think we need to change the laws on squatting, so that only residences being lived in (including holidays) are protected by the state. If they are not lived in, then it is the squatter that should have the rights.

I think that you may be confusing nepalese soldiers with Jackie Chan :lol:

I was only joking btw, I have worked with them, seen them training, eaten with them and known some of their families - Like I said in my original post though they would be my first choice for the job.

A woman who worked for me was the daughter of, I think, a Colonel or something of a Gurkha regiment (bit of a Joanna Lumley, though not the actual person). I met the old boy once and he told me just a couple of stories about them.

Definitely the guys to have.

I also have a few guys working for me now who would fit the bill. One was an Iraqi policeman. Clearly very loyal and keen to follow orders.........

Edited by bogbrush