House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lazybones

No Career In New York Or Scared Witless In Tokyo

GS?

Nope Morgan Stanley.

I spent 3 years of my life working for those criminals in Tokyo -- MS are based in Ebisu.

Like GS they don't give a frig who is thrown on the fire -- they will always be another to replace them.

Gorman flew over to TK for a town hall and the gutless ones didnt even ask one question.

He left TK after 28 mins work on the 12th floor after first class trip and lovely "assisted" stay at the Westin Tokyo across the street.

Uttter filth, the lot of them. :angry:

Clearly, I wouldn't get laid-off for my sense of self-preservation, but a real concern is that my card would be marked and that I'd miss out on bonuses, promotions, etc, in the future. In simple terms, my choice is between having a screwed up career in New York, or being scared witless here in Tokyo, and possibly even ending up sick.

So, selling your soul to The Devil comes with a heavy price to pay?!

Who would have thought that?

So, selling your soul to The Devil comes with a heavy price to pay?!

Who would have thought that?

hey a lot of us sell our souls to the devil and get none of those perks!

Christ, what a dipshit! Honestly, I am concerned that the guy doesn't even know how to wipe his own ass. We should help him.

Edited by Tonkers

So how is that New York banker any different to anyone else. Why give a banker a page of news cover and not all the other people/business people working in Tokyo.

Assuming it's not an invented story - there's no name and no company given to verify, just an e-mail it could be from anywhere, even Dubai - if the banker writer flew back to NY they'd probably say where've you been, didn't you read the news all the other bankers got out straight away after the first Fukushima explosion.

Edited by billybong

Banker with a tough decison:

The nuclear industry is finished, they already lost the economic argument against solar (now even more so with future increased costs) and a have been demonstrated as a bunch of liars and deserve to be unemployed becuase of it.

However, the level of radiation in Tokyo is never likely to be high enough to make any difference. One fact that has emerged from Chernobyl is that even quite elevated of radiation have zero(not even a small) impact on health, there is a threshold before cancer levels starts increasing and it much higher than 'safe' levels.

Best advice is to drink bottled water only, stay indoors and worry about the big quake that is due to hit Tokyo, its a far bigger risk which anyone who got a job there MUST of been aware of the risk before hand.

And make or buy a Geiger counter if you want to see the danger.

Edited by Peter Hun

The nuclear industry is finished, they already lost the economic argument against solar (now even more so with future increased costs) and a have been demonstrated as a bunch of liars and deserve to be unemployed becuase of it.

However, the level of radiation in Tokyo is never likely to be high enough to make any difference. One fact that has emerged from Chernobyl is that even quite elevated of radiation have zero(not even a small) impact on health, there is a threshold before cancer levels starts increasing and it much higher than 'safe' levels.

Best advice is to drink bottled water only, stay indoors and worry about the big quake that is due to hit Tokyo, its a far bigger risk which anyone who got a job there MUST of been aware of the risk before hand.

And make or buy a Geiger counter if you want to see the danger.

Yes, the risk if you stay of your kids being flipperbabies is very small, as is dying of nad cancer shaped like spiky basketballs at 33.

But then again, the risk of those things if you go home is zero.

Yes, the risk if you stay of your kids being flipperbabies is very small, as is dying of nad cancer shaped like spiky basketballs at 33.

Nope, the risk is the same. The human body is not sensitive to low levels of radiation. If you double, triple or whatever (up to a limit) radiation above background levels it does NOT increase your risk of cancer.

Quite obviously, not true.

Lol solar.

I watched this cooking show on Youtube a couple weeks ago , talks about an ice cream store thats run entirely off solar power.

They needed 200 solar panels to power just one freaking ice cream store.

These panels last 20-25 years on average and even then will create less energy over time as they wear out.Take into account the energy used in production and solar is not practical right now.

Coal is still the best choice out there right now , like i have said many times the oil industry and big energy are witholding decent renewable technology to make big profits on their 19th century technologies.