House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pajd

Good Hotel In London?

Im going to London in may for 6 nights. I had looked at Premier Inn in Euston but the reviews on trip advisor said its a bit noisy due to being next to a busy road. I'd rather not book incase Premier Inn tell me i cant have room at the back of the hotel.

They also have a hotel at Victoria but the nearby tube is undergoing some work so its meant to be chaotic there.

Can someone recommend a reliable hotel in a good location from which i can see the major sites of London?

Thanks

Im going to London in may for 6 nights. I had looked at Premier Inn in Euston but the reviews on trip advisor said its a bit noisy due to being next to a busy road. I'd rather not book incase Premier Inn tell me i cant have room at the back of the hotel.

They also have a hotel at Victoria but the nearby tube is undergoing some work so its meant to be chaotic there.

Can someone recommend a reliable hotel in a good location from which i can see the major sites of London?

Thanks

Stayed in this one http://www.thistle.com/en/hotels/united_kingdom/london/thistle_marble_arch/ (I think) a couple of years ago for a week...Seemed alright...£130 a night at the time...right next to the tube too, and a Sainsburys wasn't too far (which was handy)...

Would suggest that you think about staying a bit further out. Unless you want to be in town for late night life you might as well save a bit on the hotels and a £10 travelcard will take you all over the place.

Would suggest that you think about staying a bit further out. Unless you want to be in town for late night life you might as well save a bit on the hotels and a £10 travelcard will take you all over the place.

Indeed...a month later, I stayed in a chained hotel in East Finchley (right on a bus route) for a week...was half the amount.

Thanks

Try looking at some of the hotels on Southampton Row, close to theatreland and the British Museum. Holborn tube station is on both the Central and Piccadilly lines, making it easy to get to most of the 'sights', though it's almost as quick to walk to/from Covent Garden because of the lifts at CG station...

The Bonnington is one of the better hotels for your money in that area. Last time I booked there I got a decent deal from Superbreak.

What do you want to spend ?

Reasonable price

Thistle Piccadilly, could hardly get more central

H10 Waterloo

Or on a budget, University halls of residence, which can usually be had for about 30 quid a night

In between prices can be found around Paddington, Norfolk Plaza etc

Premier Inn Euston is decentish but after 6 nights you would be a bit sick of the place. The Novotel opposite is excellent but min £180 a night and walls are thin.

Otherwise, Thistle Bloomsbury is decent at £130 a night.

Bring earplugs, nearly every hotel is noisy.

I would book a couple of nights in different hotels around the city.

Thanks

Can't you just ask them to ensure you get such a room ? Shouldn't be a problem if done far in advance.