House Price Crash Forum

Finished At Fifty

HOLA441

Company I work for is having difficulty recruiting for skilled positions. Having to recruit 2 people for each post would be difficult squared!

Although obviously, a decent system of vocational training would help - like our old technical colleges - the majority of skilled jobs may need years of training and experience, but don't need degree level academic knowledge.

Your company offer no training?

I am finding it exceptionally odd in my job search that some vacancies are going begging for months and months because they cannot find an exact match - which does not exist. These same companies with their bespoke systems offer NO training. HR have not made the enormous mental leap yet.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Your company offer no training?

I am finding it exceptionally odd in my job search that some vacancies are going begging for months and months because they cannot find an exact match - which does not exist. These same companies with their bespoke systems offer NO training. HR have not made the enormous mental leap yet.

We have the same problem and we have to train even skilled people before they can start work here.

You can't hire someone when you don't even know if they have the capability to learn the things required or stay the course and become productive.

HOLA443

We have the same problem and we have to train even skilled people before they can start work here.

You can't hire someone when you don't even know if they have the capability to learn the things required or stay the course and become productive.

Hmmm.

I thought the degree was supposed to say something about demonstrating an ability to learn ...

HOLA444

Hmmm.

I thought the degree was supposed to say something about demonstrating an ability to learn ...

...an expensive way to learn....apart from a few vocations is it not better to learn on the job from those that know being compensated for it at the same time.....knowledge is good, but the best knowledge comes from those in the know on the shop floor so to speak. ;)

Edited by winkie