House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruffneck

Climate Change Now Equals Fewer Cyclones

I clearly recall previous papers claiming more cyclones , warmer weather and lower rainfall.

Surely with warmer weather would mean warmer seas and more cyclones?

Climate change alarmists on the back foot , with one foot in the grave , supporting a dying thesis.

It's just about over for Al Gore and his gravy train bandwagoners.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/climate/climate-change-to-mean-fewer-cyclones-and-smaller-waves-says-csiro-research/comments-e6frg6xf-1226033322365

CSIRO research commissioned by the federal government suggests climate change could dramatically reduce the number of tropical cyclones in the Australian region and decrease wave heights on the nation's east coast.

The surprise findings, which appear to contradict some common predictions about the impact of climate change, are contained in scientific papers on “Projecting Future Climate and its Extremes”, obtained under Freedom of Information laws by The Australian Online.

One paper, by CSIRO researcher Debbie Abbs, found rising temperatures could halve the frequency of tropical cyclones.

“Climate change projections using this modelling system show a strong tendency for a decrease in TC numbers in the Australian region, especially in the region of current preferred occurrence,” Dr Abbs said.

“On average for the period 2051-2090 relative to 1971-2000, the simulations show an approximately 50 per cent decrease in occurrence for the Australian region, a small decrease (0.3 days) in the duration of a given TC and a southward movement of 100km in the genesis and decay regions.”

The one thing we all know is that some years the weather is different to others!

By golly! There's some money wasted on all this computer modelling, and still nobody knows for sure! :huh:

Ooh lummy, Arctic, that's us isn't it? Sunscreen in Scotland? Geordie women to cover up?

If only that was the case!

Well, in the hottest part of the year in the world's hottest city, it has been the coldest anyone can remember it.

Thais in coats, scarves and lighting fires in the street to keep warm.

Global Warming clearly works in mysterious ways.

Hmmm, I thought the legions of scientists getting vast pay packets to keep this whole 'global warming gravy train' going never changed their minds regardless of the evidence..? Clearly the chips we put in their brains are malfunctioning.

Although as far as this goes, you are behind the times, The Australian jumped onto the anti-science bandwagon a long time ago...

Th Australian's War On Science

Probably best to stick with the theft, break-ins, intimidation, misquotation and making stuff up, that's the way science progresses.

Oh no - they change their minds all the time. How about this story from today ?

Arctic Ice melt timings changed

Their previous model and prediction came under criticism and is looking like it will be wrong. So they have instead built another model that gives us a different date. Although if you read the chat the confidence that any of these will actually be correct is not exactly high. It smacks of 'lick your finger and stick it in the air' to me

"[Maslowski's] is quite a good model, one thing it has is really high resolution, it can capture details that are lost in global climate models," he said.

"But 2019 is only eight years away; there's been modelling showing that [likely dates are around] 2040/50, and I'd still lean towards that.

"I'd be very surprised if it's 2013 - I wouldn't be totally surprised if it's 2019."

Their previous model and prediction came under criticism and is looking like it will be wrong. So they have instead built another model that gives us a different date. Although if you read the chat the confidence that any of these will actually be correct is not exactly high. It smacks of 'lick your finger and stick it in the air' to me

So, if scientists agree about something, it's evidence that they are all marching in a lockstep conspiricy to get rich of vast amounts of funding (some even earn 5 figure sums! Imagine!).

But.. if scientists disagree about something, it's evidence that none of them know anything.

Now, if you actually believe this postmodern claptrap, you'll jump off the nearest high building you find because there is no real way of knowing what will happen. Or you could just be a raving hypocrite who wants to live with all the advantages of modern science but wants to be able to wave away any inconvenient findings. Many people are, it's quite fashionable these days.

Hmmm, I thought the legions of scientists getting vast pay packets to keep this whole 'global warming gravy train' going never changed their minds regardless of the evidence..? Clearly the chips we put in their brains are malfunctioning.

Although as far as this goes, you are behind the times, The Australian jumped onto the anti-science bandwagon a long time ago...

Th Australian's War On Science

Probably best to stick with the theft, break-ins, intimidation, misquotation and making stuff up, that's the way science progresses.

The Australian is anti science because they report findings from CSIRO (A respected scientific organisation) ?

I never said global warming scientists were unable to change their minds , i remember when they said it would keep getting warmer and drier , that snow would be a thing of the past and children wouldn't be able to play in it in the future , then they started to say that global cooling = global warming and other such nonsense.Flippancy is a part of these scientists DNA , whatever keeps the grant money coming.

I snipped the incoherent gibberish.

Deleted my post just like Phil Jones deleted the offending emails.

You'd make a great climate scientist.

Deleted my post just like Phil Jones deleted the offending emails.

You'd make a great climate scientist.

Abuse and slander are the only arguments the deniers have, as illustrated.

So, if scientists agree about something, it's evidence that they are all marching in a lockstep conspiricy to get rich of vast amounts of funding (some even earn 5 figure sums! Imagine!).

But.. if scientists disagree about something, it's evidence that none of them know anything.

Now, if you actually believe this postmodern claptrap, you'll jump off the nearest high building you find because there is no real way of knowing what will happen. Or you could just be a raving hypocrite who wants to live with all the advantages of modern science but wants to be able to wave away any inconvenient findings. Many people are, it's quite fashionable these days.

What :lol::blink:

Why would I jump off a building because I don't know what will happen ? Nobody knows what will happen. I really don't think this should be a reason to end yourself.

The problem I have is when statements of guesswork - and that is what everythig is - are paraded as fact.

The World will get hotter. We will see more storms. It will get wetter. Etc...

Now this is probably down to some media involvement. However whatever is happening- I do not like the fact that people are being told something is a fact 100% - when it clearly is not. That is all.

Whether they are 'right' or 'wrong' will only be know a good time in the future.

I just don't see why they cannot just get on the 'Lets be a bit more respectful to the planet and not take the piss as much' bandwagon and leave all this climate change guesswork as an interesting, but ultimately fairly useless side show.

The Australian is anti science because they report findings from CSIRO (A respected scientific organisation) ?

I never said global warming scientists were unable to change their minds , i remember when they said it would keep getting warmer and drier , that snow would be a thing of the past and children wouldn't be able to play in it in the future , then they started to say that global cooling = global warming and other such nonsense.Flippancy is a part of these scientists DNA , whatever keeps the grant money coming.

Yep - the way they change tack with barely a whimper. Then again most people are like this in general - so it is no great surprise.

Why would I jump off a building because I don't know what will happen ? Nobody knows what will happen. I really don't think this should be a reason to end yourself.

Why would you be ending yourself, since you don't know what will happen? Why would you expect the results to be any different to walking out of the door?

Pure postmodern gibberish.

Why would you be ending yourself, since you don't know what will happen? Why would you expect the results to be any different to walking out of the door?

Pure postmodern gibberish.

Ok.... :rolleyes: