House Price Crash Forum

Yesterday someone posted this article from Liz Jones of the Daily Mail, who is up to her neck in mortgage debt due to her own and the banks financial irresponsibility:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1372758/Seeking-cosy-hostel-17-cats-collies--me.html

So far, so good. Was just having a look at the comments on the article this morning and was heartened to see that 95% of her readership have no sympathy and think she is a total d1ck. However, the following comment made my blood boil and goes a long way to explain why the HPC is stalled in this country:

"I have an idea for you, my friend recently had her lovely bungalow repossessed, she developed bad anxiety and back pains and lost her job, she then went through the trauma of trying to claim benefits, she went for weeks and weeks without any money, because benefits systems is in complete chaos, she practically lost the will to live. Eventually she was told by the local Housing Department that she qualified for priority housing, but only after she received repossession notice. She was allowed to choose a place to rent, rather than the council choosing one for her. By this time she was borrowing money from friends and family just to get food, her benefits had still not been sorted. She managed to get enough money together for a deposit and is now living in a lovely old character apartment with two bedrooms, the rent and Council Tax is being paid by Housing Benefit and she gets £92 a week for daily living because she is now long term sick, and never been happier and stress free!!!"

:angry:

surely someone trolling the Hate Mail regulars...

Indeed, could be Mail hacks stirring the pot to keep the bile flowing. Mr Happy doesn't buy a daily newspaper; Mr Angry does, as does Outraged of Tunbridge Wells, although he mainly takes the Telegraph.

Why "HPC Blood Boiler"? I thought this was what many on HPC wanted to see; people being forced out of their homes as they are repossesed. It's inevitable that many such people will end up claiming Housing Benefit and with long-term mental health problems.

Why "HPC Blood Boiler"? I thought this was what many on HPC wanted to see; people being forced out of their homes as they are repossesed. It's inevitable that many such people will end up claiming Housing Benefit and with long-term mental health problems.

...the process and price of buying even a modest home can become stressful to many with low stress levels....it doesn't take much for some to fall over the edge........buying a home can damage your health. ;)

What is a 'character apartment'? Oxymoron, if ever there was one.

If it's been obtained as a result of a priority housing application then it's a council or Housing Association flat. Maybe the graffiti on the door is by Banksy?

Because the bint in the comment gets a '2-bedroom' apartment of her own choosing. Not only does she get a 2-bedroom apartment when she should get a room in a hostel at best, but it is a privately rented one, keeping another BTL landlord in clover at the taxpayers expense and directly negating the contribution of her repossessed home to the HPC we should be having.