House Price Crash Forum
Byron

Labour Still Don't Admit It

Just had a labour canvasser at the door seeking votes for AM Edwina Hart.

Having told her what a rubbish party Labour is, I asked her if she knew how much the deficit was. Although she said she did, it became obvious that she really didn't and was confusing deficit with National Debt.

She then said, 'It was not all Labour's fault, it was the Bankers'

I asked her how the deficit was the Banker's fault and she replied 'It all started in America'

It's obvious that the local party members are a bit thick and are really only regurgitating the nonsense fed to them by Balls and Co.

They really believe this distorted version because they are unable to find out for themselves.

Problem is, they will spout this nonsense on the doorsteps and Joe Public, being no better will believe them.

It's clear that the top Labour echelons are very clever. The public have been preprimed with 'It's all the Bankers fault' and 'It started in America' and that is all that they really know.

I overheard her talking to the old man next door. He was complaining about his teeth and glasses etc. This was really up the canvassers alley and she waxed lyrical about improvements that Labour could bring instead of the cuts to the NHS that the Tories are making.

They have to be thick to support Labour.

I must admit to finding this quite unqualified and juvenile name calling stuff quite irritating.I know people with different political views from my own.In most cases they are not as educated as I am,don't have as high an IQ and have not had the experience of running a business for thirty four years,but I don't call them thick.Some are working class Tories who hanker for the days of Thatcher.

All I can say is that the NHS improved immeasurably between 1997 and 2010 on virtually every scale you care to use.Even my GP who is a Tory admits it.Labour did a lot wrong but my guess is that Dave is going to do a lot more wrong.

I must admit to finding this quite unqualified and juvenile name calling stuff quite irritating.I know people with different political views from my own.In most cases they are not as educated as I am,don't have as high an IQ and have not had the experience of running a business for thirty four years,but I don't call them thick.Some are working class Tories who hanker for the days of Thatcher.

All I can say is that the NHS improved immeasurably between 1997 and 2010 on virtually every scale you care to use.Even my GP who is a Tory admits it.Labour did a lot wrong but my guess is that Dave is going to do a lot more wrong.

Remarkable, person who sees completely out of kilter professional salary increases under typical govt result of meddling on contracts that makes problem worse , thinks Govt did a great job, marvellous. Its a shame really that all those improvements havent actually been paid for, that is somewhat the problem

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Remarkable, person who sees completely out of kilter professional salary increases under typical govt result of meddling on contracts that makes problem worse , thinks Govt did a great job, marvellous. Its a shame really that all those improvements havent actually been paid for, that is somewhat the problem

That's not what I said,but I think you know that.A colleague of a friend just had his hip replacement op cancelled.At 62 he had been due to have it done next month.He has now been told that due to the cuts and the intended changes to the NHS he is back to square one.Now quite clearly the intention here is that he will pay ten grand and have it done privately,which is what he now intends to do.But he's not rich and that money had been saved towards his retirement It's just a stealth tax.

Well I had an NHS Dentist until Blair etc ruined that part of the NHS. The fact is that the NHS is like a small country and it seems that no-one can run it properly.

Anyway, feel free to call me juvenile, as an OAP I really appreciate it, much better than old fogey!

That's not what I said,but I think you know that.A colleague of a friend just had his hip replacement op cancelled.At 62 he had been due to have it done next month.He has now been told that due to the cuts and the intended changes to the NHS he is back to square one.Now quite clearly the intention here is that he will pay ten grand and have it done privately,which is what he now intends to do.But he's not rich and that money had been saved towards his retirement It's just a stealth tax.

That's because Labour spent money that we didn't have. It's easy to have more today if you are paying for it tomorrow but with Labour tomorrow never comes. But look what they money was spent on. The GP must be thrilled at what Labour did to the NHS because his pay sky rocketed. Labour were pumping in 7% rises each year into the NHS - but there is no doubt where most of that went - services did not improve as exponentially as wages. For every 2 operating rooms and doctors now, we should have at least 3. That's why the hip operation is delayed.

The GP probably has a BTL portfolio.

They have to be thick to support Labour.

Generally true although mixed with a large minority of patronising, middle class, self-hating, liberal hypocrites and windbags who think they know best how ordinary people should live their lives while privately despising the very same people.

Just had an election flyer from my local Labour windbag, but signed by Welsh Labour leader Carwyn Jones. He askes me to vote twice for Labour (We do this in Wales, we've got some dodgy PR system!)

He promises to 'Fight Toy cuts'. How and what with he doesn't say. Reality is they will make a bit of noise and get zero results because there is no money.

He promises free prescriptions apparently unaware that we have had free prescriptions in Wales for ages.

He promises free school breakfasts and milk for under 7s (Obviously paid for with other people's Tax Pounds, but he forgets to say that)

He promises support for Students so they will not have to pay higher tuition fees. Doesn't say how he will pay for this, perhaps he thinks we will all pay for him. Anyway, if its anything like the last Welsh Labour 'Student Grant' fiasco, loudly trumpeted forth, only about 6 people in the whole of Wales will actually qualify.

He actually uses Ed Balls 'Tory led government'

As Labour are in coalition with Plaid Cymru in Wales, I think that in future I shall refer to the Plaid led Welsh government. As Plaid are the minority party, that should upset a few Labour supporters, which can only be for the good.

I must admit to finding this quite unqualified and juvenile name calling stuff quite irritating.

That's politics for you, but remember 50% of people are below average intelligence. :lol:

All I can say is that the NHS improved immeasurably between 1997 and 2010 on virtually every scale you care to use.Even my GP who is a Tory admits it.

Did it! Must have blinked. A stupid Contarct put in by Labour meant that a doctor works less and earns more. Means that you cannot see tha same doctor easily for continued treatment and foreign doctors are flown in to cover for the NHS one when they are on the golf course, etc. Of course your GP liked Labour!

See above and yes who paid for it all. Not the bankers it was the taxpayer.

Well I had an NHS Dentist until Blair etc ruined that part of the NHS. The fact is that the NHS is like a small country and it seems that no-one can run it properly.

Yes all are bound to fail until they learn to run the big things big and small things small. Then it would work. Procurement big, delivery small.

That's because Labour spent money that we didn't have. It's easy to have more today if you are paying for it tomorrow but with Labour tomorrow never comes. But look what they money was spent on. The GP must be thrilled at what Labour did to the NHS because his pay sky rocketed. Labour were pumping in 7% rises each year into the NHS - but there is no doubt where most of that went - services did not improve as exponentially as wages. For every 2 operating rooms and doctors now, we should have at least 3. That's why the hip operation is delayed.

The GP probably has a BTL portfolio.

Here here. Agreed.