House Price Crash Forum
awaytogo

Incapacity Benefit Crackdown Begins

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12954116

Do you think this crackdown on incapacity benifits will have have an efect on house prices, i suspect in the long term if they start making people take jobs some will be on lower incomes.

Yes I do.

More people will resort to crime. Increased burglaries and muggings will create more blackspots and houses in the new ghettos will plummet in value including leafy suburbs.

Yes I do.

More people will resort to crime. Increased burglaries and muggings will create more blackspots and houses in the new ghettos will plummet in value including leafy suburbs.

If the ex-incapacity benefit people can burgle and mug then it just proves they were fit for work.

What a scam this is, I was talking to a guy yesterday on a fishing match complaining how this change will damage his club as many wont now be able to afford the fees, he informed me 17 out of the 20 members were on incapacity didn't stop them humping their fishing boxes from the car to the riverside though.

Nah it'll just mean more misery as people get knocked back onto the dole by the washed up Alchy quacks

the agency that does the medicals for the BA. :)

Edited by Olebrum

If the ex-incapacity benefit people can burgle and mug then it just proves they were fit for work.

Yep Sarah, it may be part of the test, Can you climb throught that window :lol:

I can't see it making a dent on house prices.

It's just the annual merry go round we have when a new Government comes in and promises to get tough on welfare cheats.

Your talking about people with little education who's near term prospects are to take up a picking job in a filthy warehouse filled with east Europeans run by jobsworths only to see the majority of that income go on rent.

Besides that would you employ anyone who's CV comprises of a decade of welfare dependency?

What a scam this is, I was talking to a guy yesterday on a fishing match complaining how this change will damage his club as many wont now be able to afford the fees, he informed me 17 out of the 20 members were on incapacity didn't stop them humping their fishing boxes from the car to the riverside though.

I agree with you Papag but what angers me is the fact that a lot of these people were put on this scheme by this tory goverment in the the 80s-90s when it suited them when they closed the steel works and the mines, Done to make the unemployment figures look good.

Edited by awaytogo

I agree with you Papag but what angers me is the fact that a lot of these people were put on this scheme by this tory goverment in the the 80s-90s when it suited them when they closed the steel works and the mines, Done to make the unemployment figures look good.

True enough and when the economy picked up Labour got round the problem by tapping up the work pools of East Europe and the like!

So now we have the sons and daughters of those miners and steel workers allowed to languish away on benefits for over a decade whilst someone from Poland was doing what they should have been.

What a poor state of affairs this country is in.

Edited by sundance_kid

Know many jobs you do once a month, take half an hour and make you up to £800 a time?

:D:D:D:D I do a bit of fishing and it`s the same round my way but their humping their gear over rough beaches ,but I have noticed less of them on the beaches of late ,they know it is game on

I can't see it making a dent on house prices.

It's just the annual merry go round we have when a new Government comes in and promises to get tough on welfare cheats.

Your talking about people with little education who's near term prospects are to take up a picking job in a filthy warehouse filled with east Europeans run by jobsworths only to see the majority of that income go on rent.

Besides that would you employ anyone who's CV comprises of a decade of welfare dependency?

Indeed...and watch unemployment go up to 3 or 3.5m...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-12954116

Do you think this crackdown on incapacity benifits will have have an efect on house prices, i suspect in the long term if they start making people take jobs some will be on lower incomes.

Realistically, few of these people will be getting jobs in the present market (employers aren't queuing up to take on people with long-term health problems). Instead their benefit will be cut by £28.85 a week with any 'saving' (and more) being handed over to the likes of A4e...

'Jobseekers treated 'like cattle'':

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1042106_jobseekers_treated_like_cattle

The government pays A4e up to £194 per customer per week,...

'A4e - a company that makes its money from government contracts':

http://watchinga4e.blogspot.com/2009/07/a4e-company-that-doesnt-like-criticism.html

...it has transferred taxpayers' money, in vast quantities, into private hands. In A4e's case, this means the hands of one person, who has become a very wealthy woman. Money intended to provide services to the those most in need goes instead into the bank account of Emma Harrison. This is now considered normal.

Will this affect house prices? Well benefit claimants typically spend all their money in the economy helping to keep others in paid work. If they have less money to spend then more people will be unemployed or underemployed. At the margins that may be negative for house prices.

Realistically, few of these people will be getting jobs in the present market (employers aren't queuing up to take on people with long-term health problems). Instead their benefit will be cut by £28.85 a week with any 'saving' (and more) being handed over to the likes of A4e...

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1042106_jobseekers_treated_like_cattle

http://watchinga4e.blogspot.com/2009/07/a4e-company-that-doesnt-like-criticism.html

Will this affect house prices? Well benefit claimants typically spend all their money in the economy helping to keep others in paid work. If they have less money to spend then more people will be unemployed or underemployed. At the margins that may be negative for house prices.

These people will just become long term unemployed...they know the ins & outs of the system...they'll save the govt the difference between 90 odd quid a week to 65 quid a week but I doubt nothing on housing benefit...

True enough and when the economy picked up Labour got round the problem by tapping up the work pools of East Europe and the like!

So now we have the sons and daughters of those miners and steel workers allowed to languish away on benefits for over a decade whilst someone from Poland was doing what they should have been.

What a poor state of affairs this country is in.

Totaly agree, the trouble is now the foriegn workers are set firm in this country and are not going to return home to free up jobs to get our people back into work, i was also told that most eu workers can now claim full benifits now anyway !. so we are always going to have a large pool of unemployed from what i can see, as they are not even going to return if they lose their jobs.

These people will just become long term unemployed...they know the ins & outs of the system...they'll save the govt the difference between 90 odd quid a week to 65 quid a week but I doubt nothing on housing benefit...

It wouldn't save that money anyway since a proportion of the claimants spending would go back to the Treasury in additional tax (VAT, excise duty, corporation tax on slightly higher business profits, income tax on more employed people. etc). As I pointed out in Post #16 any reduction in benefits paid (and more) will just be handed over to the likes of A4e...

http://menmedia.co.u...ted_like_cattle

The government pays A4e up to £194 per customer per week,...

http://watchinga4e.b...-criticism.html

...it has transferred taxpayers' money, in vast quantities, into private hands. In A4e's case, this means the hands of one person, who has become a very wealthy woman. Money intended to provide services to the those most in need goes instead into the bank account of Emma Harrison. This is now considered normal.
Edited by CrashConnoisseur