House Price Crash Forum
Mikhail Liebenstein

Candy's Showing Red Ink

http://www.telegraph...s-stack-up.html

I'm sure these guys are equal to the Wilson's on the HPC hit list, so the good news is they have reported a loss.

The big question though is whether there are unannounced capital losses on land holding? Presumably a risk for developers?

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

http://www.telegraph...s-stack-up.html

I'm sure these guys are equal to the Wilson's on the HPC hit list, so the good news is they have reported a loss.

The big question though is whether there are unannounced capital losses on land holding? Presumably a risk for developers?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these guys actually build something? That would seem to make them part of the real economy, as opposed to pure parasites!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these guys actually build something? That would seem to make them part of the real economy, as opposed to pure parasites!

Agreeing with you there Mr Pig, they are businessmen rather than easy-credit BTLers like the Wilsons.

Not on the HPC hitlist as far as I am concerned.

Agreeing with you there Mr Pig, they are businessmen rather than easy-credit BTLers like the Wilsons.

Not on the HPC hitlist as far as I am concerned.

IC , so a 200K BTL borrower/developer, is different to a 1bn BTL borrower/developer?

I guess its all down to accent.

Born in Surrey, Nick and Christian Candy bought their first property for £122,000, helped by a £6,000 loan from their grandmother. Eighteen months later they sold it for a £50,000 profit.

Trading under the Candy & Candy banner from 1999, the brothers developed a successful niche redeveloping and selling on property to a wealthy clientele looking for ultra luxurious homes.

Describing the interiors of their properties, Nick, the elder of the brothers, said they provided a “polycentric experience". Gadgets installed in homes included 360-degree mirrors and life-size video screens that enabled owners to picture themselves.

It was with their purchase, backed by the Qataris, of Chelsea Barracks that Candy & Candy entered the big time, though the subsequent legal actions and a intervention by Prince Charles mean the site remains undeveloped nearly two years after they took possession.

One Hyde Park is their most ambitious project yet. Prices for apartments average about £6,000 a square foot - the highest ever paid for residential space, according to property experts.

Edited by Bloo Loo

IC , so a 200K BTL borrower/developer, is different to a 1bn BTL borrower/developer?

I guess its all down to accent.

+1

I was stunned to see some support for posh opportunists on this site when the level of vitriol for less posh opportunists is massive.

I must be missing something. I thought that rentiers are rentiers be they posh or not so posh : rich or not so rich : well dressed or very poorly dressed etc etc.

+1

I was stunned to see some support for posh opportunists on this site when the level of vitriol for less posh opportunists is massive.

I must be missing something. I thought that rentiers are rentiers be they posh or not so posh : rich or not so rich : well dressed or very poorly dressed etc etc.

If that was all they were doing then I would agree with you. But they are are not exploiting the hard-up workers of Kent like some, they are fleecing the rich and gullible and making money at it. See the Liz Jones thread for an example of their typical patsy.

It came in spite of a £4.9m profit on the sale of the company’s stake in the brothers’ aviation business to their ultimate holding company, Candy & Candy Group, which is registered in the British Virgin Islands.

In order to stem future losses, the brothers put in place cost-cutting measures to save £3m a year.

Their design business – which fits out the interiors of yachts, private jets and luxury homes – continued to show strong returns.

Edited by Frank Hovis

If that was all they were doing then I would agree with you. But they are are not exploiting the hard-up workers of Kent like some, they are fleecing the rich and gullible and making money at it. See the Liz Jones thread for an example of their typical patsy.

http://www.candyandcandy.com/downloads/press/20110309-daily-telegraph.pdf

From their own website...which still claims an aviation business.

I cannot quite put my finger on it but there's something very repellant about these two.

I know what you mean. It's the over-grooming and self-promotion. It's like they are gay, Jewish and foreign all at the same time. And yet all the evidence suggests they are none of those things.

I know what you mean. It's the over-grooming and self-promotion. It's like they are gay, Jewish and foreign all at the same time. And yet all the evidence suggests they are none of those things.

Nothing gay about this picture, no sir.

candy_1713431c.jpg

Nothing gay about this picture, no sir.

candy_1713431c.jpg

Imagine how many snaps they had to take before they got the little doggy looking straight into camera! What with the set, the background, the props, the doggy, the clothes, professional makeup on the brothers, that's at least a day's work to set up, possibly quite a bit more. How ******** do you have to be to put up with that just to get your picture taken?

Imagine how many snaps they had to take before they got the little doggy looking straight into camera! What with the set, the background, the props, the doggy, the clothes, professional makeup on the brothers, that's at least a day's work to set up, possibly quite a bit more. How ******** do you have to be to put up with that just to get your picture taken?

is it "ginger"?

It seems property isnt the only depreciating asset associated with these reptillian crooks...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1371959/Holly-Valance-doesnt-look-happy-unflattering-outfit-Gorbachevs-birthday-bash.html

Some point earlier in time

article-1371959-0CD3F565000005DC-163_233x572.jpg

More recent gratuitous DM shot.

article-1371959-0B6CAC2C00000578-295_468x842.jpg

I think she should lay off the candy. BOO-YAH.

I cannot quite put my finger on it but there's something very repellant about these two.

"their ultimate holding company, Candy & Candy Group, which is registered in the British Virgin Islands."

CAC - an offshore tax avoiding duo of 'MAD-onnas'

CC=33

C. Candy

Like Kirsty and her company 'KIRMIR'

One of those 3 letter words means '*****' p.r.i.c.k. in arabic - hilarious considering who her target market may-bee!

Edited by erranta