House Price Crash Forum

Welsh Holiday Letting Companies In Trouble...

HOLA441

If anything, supply has been falling over last couple of years.

France has cheaper booze and better weather. And the med too!

RE: Camping - seeing much less fall off in camping demand this year here in Wales - increases in bookings on many sites I know - perhaps many cottagers have switched to camping?

Edited by gruffydd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

If anything, supply has been falling over last couple of years.

France has cheaper booze and better weather. And the med too!

RE: Camping - seeing much less fall off in camping demand this year here in Wales - perhaps many cottagers have switched to camping?

I know several people who used ot hire cottages in St. Davids who purchased a tent and a camp stove last Summer or the Summer before last. Now they complain that the camping site fees in Pembs are going ever upwards.

Reckon this Summer the camp sites will be badly hit also.

HOLA443

I know several people who used ot hire cottages in St. Davids who purchased a tent and a camp stove last Summer or the Summer before last. Now they complain that the camping site fees in Pembs are going ever upwards.

Reckon this Summer the camp sites will be badly hit also.

Yeah, someone complained last year that camping worked out the same as a B&B in Pembrokeshire! Places like St Davids, Solva, Little Haven are known for gouging. Aiming to squeeze every last penny out of you, and often very rude with it. I think it's horrible.

Have noticed some people I know taking weekends down near you (Gower) rather than Ceredigion as they used to, because of fuel prices.

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA444

Yeah, someone complained last year that camping worked out the same as a B&B in Pembrokeshire! Places like St Davids, Solva, Little Haven are known for gouging. Aiming to squeeze every last penny out of you, and often very rude with it. I think it's horrible.

Have noticed some people I know taking weekends down near you (Gower) rather than Ceredigion as they used to, because of fuel prices.

I go to Newgale camping every year. I love it, and it's only £5 per person for a night.

http://www.newgalecampingsite.co.uk/about_us.asp

HOLA445

Going to Broadhaven to surf is now an expensive journey from Swansea let alone from further East. In fact, going from Swansea to Llangennith is now an expensive journey.

HOLA446
HOLA447

The biggest problem is that decent UK holiday accommodation is as expensive as in the med but the weather is poor. Until the UK adjusts its prices it will forever be so

We have done a couple of staycations a year for the past 3, wales have never been on the list though, but I am looking at France this year. There is little difference in cost when all things are considered but atleast over there we will have the sun and weather.

HOLA448

Even after the drop in the pound UK accommodation still seems vastly overpriced.

e.g. you can get quality spotless B & B rooms in some German ski resorts for around €20 a night. Probably half, even a third, of the equivalent in West Wales.

The only times that I have paid that little for a B&B in Germany they have been a very long way from spotless

tim