House Price Crash Forum

http://www.oldholborn.net/2011/04/if-you-dont-know-your-rights-you-have.html#idc-container

I like that they shouldnt have responsibiltiy y

yeas

i thinjk that they should have rught byt no right, yes thats fai

vutb i8n aoo sere io7s hess whyere td9ees tye rutht res98hdbuky baifhce ehdk?.

EDIT

BLUDDY keyboard... where does rights end.responsibility start?

Edited by Sadman

http://www.oldholborn.net/2011/04/if-you-dont-know-your-rights-you-have.html#idc-container

yeas

EDIT

The cyclist is a pompous plank. He may know the law but hasnt got a clue about the freedom we actually enjoy in this country by aggreeing to be policed by consent. I cannot prove it but I would bet he did just cycle through the lights on red. Will he tell his own children to do this when they are on their bikes at the age of 10 years.?

Yes the copper should have talked about the red light and not tried to control the idiot though....

I'm sure that chap on the video was legally correct in his arguments... but cyclists who go through red lights.... don't get me started. I cycle 30 miles a day on busy roads, and any driver or cyclist who does not stick to the highway code really gets my goat.

The percentage of illegal/unsafe cyclists may be as high as the percentage of illegal/unsafe drivers, but I've only ever been knocked off my bike by drivers. A car with a tw*t in it is slightly more dangerous than a bike with a tw*t on it.

yeas

EDIT

:D

Awesome pissheadery Sadman! Kids - don't drink and type - you know it makes sense.

I think we can do without people like that cyclist in society. If you do something wrong, hold your hand up instead of intentionally trying to wind up people.

Cycling through a red light is often perfectly safe for all road users and safer for the cyclist. I say this as a cyclist, car driver and motorcyclist of many decades and never had any accidents, I regulary cycle through red lights. Sometimes its safer to do so depending on the type of junction and being in a vulnerable position I will take the safest option without harming others.

Take the example of a straight road with a red light and traffic merging from the right. Even if there is traffic coming from the right, the bicycle is too narrow at the side of the road to cause any hinderance, and I would rather be out ahead of traffic so that they have plenty of time to see me coming up in the distance rather than being lined up with a bunch of cars at a red light where they often forget a bicycle is even beside them and are likely to turn left into you. Other road users should really consider that experienced cyclists are actually protecting their safety when breaking road 'rules' and should really consider if they are really doing something unsafe or even causing a hinderance by breaking rules. Most of the time car drivers just get the road rage at cyclists for no good reason.

And yes the Cyclist was perfectly legally correct and that policeman was acting entirely unlawfully and illegally. There is no law and not even any legislation in this country to support his demands, I also didn't like him because of his simmering anger and obvious desire to trample on another human being who had harmed no-one. Car drivers are required to identify themselves by parliamentary legislation - cyclists are not.

:D

Awesome pissheadery Sadman! Kids - don't drink and type - you know it makes sense.

There was only some drink involved! I ran out of light bulbs also and couldnt make out my keyboard very well, i type a bit intuitively, but still need to see the damn thing!, should preview before i post!

point i was trying to make was what with cyclists questioning authority, maybe itll spread to planning permissions and so on. although the law there seems endless atm.

Obviously the cyclist doesnt have the decency of showing us what he did to attract the officers attention, as it would probably incriminate him, but the officer didnt seem to have a clue either. I keep reading of people getting off all sorts of stuff because the police just assume theyre right,

Cycling through a red light is often perfectly safe for all road users and safer for the cyclist. I say this as a cyclist, car driver and motorcyclist of many decades and never had any accidents, I regulary cycle through red lights. Sometimes its safer to do so depending on the type of junction and being in a vulnerable position I will take the safest option without harming others.

Take the example of a straight road with a red light and traffic merging from the right. Even if there is traffic coming from the right, the bicycle is too narrow at the side of the road to cause any hinderance, and I would rather be out ahead of traffic so that they have plenty of time to see me coming up in the distance rather than being lined up with a bunch of cars at a red light where they often forget a bicycle is even beside them and are likely to turn left into you. Other road users should really consider that experienced cyclists are actually protecting their safety when breaking road 'rules' and should really consider if they are really doing something unsafe or even causing a hinderance by breaking rules. Most of the time car drivers just get the road rage at cyclists for no good reason.

And yes the Cyclist was perfectly legally correct and that policeman was acting entirely unlawfully and illegally. There is no law and not even any legislation in this country to support his demands, I also didn't like him because of his simmering anger and obvious desire to trample on another human being who had harmed no-one. Car drivers are required to identify themselves by parliamentary legislation - cyclists are not.

I bet you never have any accidents yourself but occasionally see one behind you, right?

I cycle too and yes you have to be defensive to keep a safe distance etc. but the point of the lights is that people expect certain things to happen whether they are red or orange or green. Taking it upon yourself to decide that you know better just leads to unexpected things happening and that's when accidents happen.

The cyclist may have been legally correct, I wouldn't know, but he was being a complete ****. I'm not surprised the po-lice seemed annoyed. I bet there are hundreds of smart-**** cyclists in London and a lot of his job is dealing with this shit each day.

Take as a given that the cyclist was a c0ck who probably (but by no means definitely) ran a red light and the policeman was an ignorant thug.

Now, the much more important question is this: should the police be able to stop and fine and/or arrest someone without being capable of telling that person what law it is they've broken? I'd say not. Surely it is part of the police's job to know, at a high level, what laws they are enforcing? If they don't, how can we have any idea that they're not just making it up as they go along?