House Price Crash Forum
crash2006

Rbs Will Shift Their Technology Services And Insurance Divisions Abroad

A source told TechEye that RBS will shift their technology services and insurance divisions abroad.

More than 1,200 jobs will be lost in total. The company has confirmed these jobs will go abroad but nobody will notice because the people you meet at the front desk will keep their jobs and keep smiling, fakely and feebly, at you.

Read more: http://www.techeye.n...d#ixzz1IKl97TpF

Well http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/business/s/1411859_jobs_lost_as_henleys_clothing_shuts_retail_arm

Manchester-based fashion firm Henley's Clothing is closing its retail arm with the loss of 204 jobs due to 'poor trading conditions'.

All of Henley's Retail's 18 stores across the UK – including one at the Trafford Centre - are shutting with immediate effect.

The job losses include warehouse and support staffyes i guess there isnt the skills here in this country with so many people losing their jobs, guess they had no skills to start with.

Edited by crash2006

A source told TechEye that RBS will shift their technology services and insurance divisions abroad.

More than 1,200 jobs will be lost in total. The company has confirmed these jobs will go abroad but nobody will notice because the people you meet at the front desk will keep their jobs and keep smiling, fakely and feebly, at you.

RBS shouldn't be trading anyway; without taxpayer loans they would be insolvent. The 1,200 staff have been claiming wages from the government to provide a service that the private sector already offers.

RBS shouldn't be trading anyway; without taxpayer loans they would be insolvent. The 1,200 staff have been claiming wages from the government to provide a service that the private sector already offers.

but now your tax will be paying indian workers in india thats even better.

but now your tax will be paying indian workers in india thats even better.

To make fk up after fk up.

To make fk up after fk up.

It's not a fk up, it's intentional. Why do you expect that they would care about the taxpayers or the employees?

Why do you still believe in the fantasy that HM government is working for the common people?

It's all about sucking as much money as possible out of the common people, for the exclusive benefit of the banksters and the rentiers.

They should shift the whole lot of their clapped out bank abroad and give the taxpayers money back. The sooner the better for the UK.

Edited by billybong

It's not a fk up, it's intentional. Why do you expect that they would care about the taxpayers or the employees?

Why do you still believe in the fantasy that HM government is working for the common people?

It's all about sucking as much money as possible out of the common people, for the exclusive benefit of the banksters and the rentiers.

You have not understood what I meant . When I said fk up after fk up , i meant the Indian call centers making fk up after fk up with peoples accounts ect , have had more than a few experiences of their fk up's over the years.

You have not understood what I meant . When I said fk up after fk up , i meant the Indian call centers making fk up after fk up with peoples accounts ect , have had more than a few experiences of their fk up's over the years.

My fault, sorry. But it doesn't make my comment any less true.

Well, a couple of screw ups by a call centre agent pales into insignificance in the context of the RBS indigenous management's recent performance

Well, a couple of screw ups by a call centre agent pales into insignificance in the context of the RBS indigenous management's recent performance

When you come back from holiday to find a letter telling you that your car insurance has been canceled as the company could not get the DD payment from your bank , and find that during the 3 months they were trying they had not bothered to even phone you even though they were a phone based insurance and you had been with them 10 years but no one had bothered to cross check your account .

Then you find the reason they could not get the payment is the Indian call center muppet had got the bank account number wrong . You don't think about RBS management but about your own situation . When the insurance is due for renewal and you phone another company as the service you have had from the first company was so dire and you have to letter out every word of your address as the muppet on the other end can hardley speak English again RBS is not your concern , you slam the phone down and start ringing other companies . If more people refused to deal with companies that off shore their call centers and told the companies why they are taking their bussiness else where things might change.

My fault, sorry. But it doesn't make my comment any less true.

No problem appology accepted and I do agree with your comments on why this is happening.

So- just to clarify- a bank that we have bailed out at vast expense, that is more less owned by the taxpayer is offshoring jobs- :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It does make a perverse sense I suppose- the less expensive staff they employ in the UK, the sooner they 'pay back' ( :rolleyes: ) the money used to bail them out.

In fact I think this strategy should be keystone coalition policy, the plan being that we outsource as many UK jobs as possible to increase the profitability of our companies thus improving profitability and increasing the tax take.

Or have I missed something? :unsure:

When you come back from holiday to find a letter telling you that your car insurance has been canceled as the company could not get the DD payment from your bank , and find that during the 3 months they were trying they had not bothered to even phone you even though they were a phone based insurance and you had been with them 10 years but no one had bothered to cross check your account .

Then you find the reason they could not get the payment is the Indian call center muppet had got the bank account number wrong . You don't think about RBS management but about your own situation . When the insurance is due for renewal and you phone another company as the service you have had from the first company was so dire and you have to letter out every word of your address as the muppet on the other end can hardley speak English again RBS is not your concern , you slam the phone down and start ringing other companies . If more people refused to deal with companies that off shore their call centers and told the companies why they are taking their bussiness else where things might change.

Best of luck with the consumer strike to protest offshoring. As I've asked previously here and received no answer, which bank or insurance company has no offshoring? If the customer contact isn't offshored the back office most certainly is.

We like our prices low. Add at least a 30% premium for onshored services and see what the consumer chooses.

So- just to clarify- a bank that we have bailed out at vast expense, that is more less owned by the taxpayer is offshoring jobs- :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It does make a perverse sense I suppose- the less expensive staff they employ in the UK, the sooner they 'pay back' ( :rolleyes: ) the money used to bail them out.

In fact I think this strategy should be keystone coalition policy, the plan being that we outsource as many UK jobs as possible to increase the profitability of our companies thus improving profitability and increasing the tax take.

Or have I missed something? :unsure:

LOL

No we all know that you know exactley what is what , however call me DAVE might think that what you have said is right.

Best of luck with the consumer strike to protest offshoring. As I've asked previously here and received no answer, which bank or insurance company has no offshoring? If the customer contact isn't offshored the back office most certainly is.

We like our prices low. Add at least a 30% premium for onshored services and see what the consumer chooses.

Beginning to see some coming back on shore though, eg Lloyds make a point of saying that they are in Wales & Nationwide the same. I have no particular view on whether this is good for customers (I've worked for a couple of firms with big offshored presence in India, and the Indian guys were great), but it's not very sensible economics as the yanks are finding out.

Yes its a big pity there probley is no insurance company or bank that does not have offshored staff .

Don't go along with the plus 30% premium for onshored against offshored prices as the savings made are not being passed on to the customers.

Am I right you work within the offshore industry ?

Beginning to see some coming back on shore though, eg Lloyds make a point of saying that they are in Wales & Nationwide the same. I have no particular view on whether this is good for customers (I've worked for a couple of firms with big offshored presence in India, and the Indian guys were great), but it's not very sensible economics as the yanks are finding out.

Lloyds are currently offshoring their IT.

Yes its a big pity there probley is no insurance company or bank that does not have offshored staff .

Don't go along with the plus 30% premium for onshored against offshored prices as the savings made are not being passed on to the customers.

Am I right you work within the offshore industry ?

Yes.

The cost savings are usually in the 30% region but you are correct, it isn't passed on. Usually the cost savings are required simply to enable competitiveness.....'cos everyone is doing it.

Yes.

The cost savings are usually in the 30% region but you are correct, it isn't passed on. Usually the cost savings are required simply to enable competitiveness.....'cos everyone is doing it.

Remember a few years back you relating with glee about an estate agents shutting down and how pleased you were that the low life B'steards were losing their jobs. They might say they were just earning a living the only way they know.

If I was to say that you are a lower form of life than the estate agents you hate so much would you agree ?

Remember a few years back you relating with glee about an estate agents shutting down and how pleased you were that the low life B'steards were losing their jobs. They might say they were just earning a living the only way they know.

If I was to say that you are a lower form of life than the estate agents you hate so much would you agree ?

If helps to view me in that way, then fill your boots.

I undertake my job in a professional and ethical way. What I do has a tangible benefit to the balance sheet of the client and often drives quality improvements. If the roles I outsource and offshore had a unique selling point or competitive advantage they wouldn't be candidates.

Your view of me as a person is irrelevant. I have far worse opinions given to me face to face on a reasonably regular basis. I still manage to get 8 hours sleep most nights.

ok. i'm a bit pished up but i'l say this anyway. i'm stoked that paddles is back. the crash is going to be much more fun with him around. cheers fellah.

;)

While there may not be any native banks and insurance companies we can do our bit, buy British for anything where possible.

If you don't want to deal with an offshored phone service go in and see someone at the branch. It is usually quicker and easier this way anyway, plus if something goes wrong you can complain much more effectively face to face.

While there may not be any native banks and insurance companies we can do our bit, buy British for anything where possible.

If you don't want to deal with an offshored phone service go in and see someone at the branch. It is usually quicker and easier this way anyway, plus if something goes wrong you can complain much more effectively face to face.

The workers in branch are likely to be onshored economic migrants from within the EU. You're looking at the hollowing out of society by large corporates who benefitted from all the externalities of operating in a first world nation. As the last vestiges of mass employment leave the uk facilitated by the likes of paddles you'll see the equivalent of the 80s in the north of England across the entire country.

Ultimately paddles is operating within a framework and is not causal. However I struggle with the ethical element of offshoring especially when viewed through the lens of the host nation. Balance sheets and quality improvements may be achievable but for those impacted you're looking at unemployment and misery. If companies were offshoring their board functions and head offices I'd have more sympathy with their rationale. They never ever do. It's simply another concentration of wealth at the top to the detriment of those lower down.

When every job that can be offshored has been what will our young do? Perhaps Gordon brown was right? Might as well try and have an economy that runs of magic hpi. We're going to end up with little else.