House Price Crash Forum
hedgefunded

What Happens When Taste Finds An Open Window.

It might be fun to live there for a while.. you'd never be short of a talking point!

I particularly like the sofa/carpet combination.. so bad it's good :D

Infact, I'd love to wear a shirt that matched the sofa, then watch the expression on my guests faces as I disappear into my surroundings..

Edited by libspero

51976_tau100370_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.jpg

The "busy" look.

I think I can just make out the house in the middle of all the extensions. If I'm not mistaken the roof provides a clue.

My guess is they're in their 60's and every now and again then they've tried to keep up with the times (hence 'modern' old kitchen). You end up witht a dogs breakfast of tastes and mini periods all done to budget.

My second guess is they bought the house for thruppence a long,long time ago.

Third guess is MEW to fund some/most of it, hence need to sell at inflated price.

I think I can just make out the house in the middle of all the extensions. If I'm not mistaken the roof provides a clue.

Originally constructed when plots were larger than postage stamps...

If you are looking at houses in that range, which btw appears to be a LOT of house for the money, is ripping out the carpets and wallpaper such a big deal?

A LOT of house for the money; there are certain conditions that would be purchasers must abide by: It's Bridgewater so, if you aren't sleeping with a close relative you aren't welcome round those parts. "Bridgewater makes the Forrest of Dean look incest free" (pretty much a verbatum quote from a friend who is a presecuting barrister).

A LOT of house for the money; there are certain conditions that would be purchasers must abide by: It's Bridgewater so, if you aren't sleeping with a close relative you aren't welcome round those parts. "Bridgewater makes the Forrest of Dean look incest free" (pretty much a verbatum quote from a friend who is a presecuting barrister).

http://www.knowhere.co.uk/Bridgwater/Somerset/South-West-England/info/stuff

If the only thing in life you have to worry about is the colour of somebody else's carpet, the size of their chimney or the matching of their roof tiles then you need to get out a bit more.

Whether the furniture and decor is to your liking is another matter but there's nothing wrong with the house in the link.

Pointless thread.

If you are looking at houses in that range, which btw appears to be a LOT of house for the money, is ripping out the carpets and wallpaper such a big deal?

I agree. If that was near me I'd at least look twice. It's by no means the worst I've seen and you lot are horrible.

:lol:

If the only thing in life you have to worry about is the colour of somebody else's carpet, the size of their chimney or the matching of their roof tiles then you need to get out a bit more.

Whether the furniture and decor is to your liking is another matter but there's nothing wrong with the house in the link.

Pointless thread.

Oh I'm sorry your majesty.

Oh I'm sorry your majesty.

It's actually a pointful thread. Owner bought les than 8 years ago and expects a price uplift of c£200K for what is a god awful house. It's so confused if it were a person it would be diagnosed as multiple personalities disorder. And I'm not just talking about decorating. The actual physics of the place are all over the shop. It's a bungalow when you drive up to it, that then pretends to be a mansion cascading onto a pretend giant lawn.

Half a mil is half a mil, and for this place it's £250K too much in my personal opinion. Would need significant work to return it to a reasonable, less confused, place.

It's actually a pointful thread. Owner bought les than 8 years ago and expects a price uplift of c£200K for what is a god awful house. It's so confused if it were a person it would be diagnosed as multiple personalities disorder. And I'm not just talking about decorating. The actual physics of the place are all over the shop. It's a bungalow when you drive up to it, that then pretends to be a mansion cascading onto a pretend giant lawn.

Half a mil is half a mil, and for this place it's £250K too much in my personal opinion. Would need significant work to return it to a reasonable, less confused, place.

+ 1

Dahn Sarf is nuts. Very strange,because the central Scottish market has TANKED, regardless of what the figures say.

It looks like a house by the river to me. Someone got carried away with the decor, chintz and extentions but you have to agree that is one clean house.

My kids would love to live there as they enjoy hide and seek

:lol: