House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird 900

House Prices Are Dropping

I particularly enjoyed this response in the comments section:-

"We live in Burnley and our house was worth 400,000 when it was valued last year, I can't understand why people generalise. Not all houses in Burnley are like this, every place has rough areas. This article is disgusting"

- Linda, Burnley, 01/4/2011 15:14

She sounds a delight!

Rather than taking the p***, you could realise that this is what we wanted. Areas like Burnley hardly "benefited" from the HPI up to 2008, so much so that the economic regeneration strategy was to knock houses down so that the others would be worth more. This was the "Elevate" scheme and would allow the people of this area to benefit from the HPI that was enriching so much of the rest of the UK.

Also bear in mind, Burnely weathered the Thatcher years relatively unscathed compared to lots of manufacturing areas. It was the policies of the last Labour government that killed it.

So rather than being disparaging, now's the chance to put your money where your mouth is and set up business in Burnley?

I particularly enjoyed this response in the comments section:-

"We live in Burnley and our house was worth 400,000 when it was valued last year, I can't understand why people generalise. Not all houses in Burnley are like this, every place has rough areas. This article is disgusting"

- Linda, Burnley, 01/4/2011 15:14

She sounds a delight!

I bet she enjoyed this comment

"There are bits of Burnley where even the Rottweilers will only go outside in two's."

I bet she enjoyed this comment

"There are bits of Burnley where even the Rottweilers will only go outside in two's."

One the funniest comments section I've ever seen.