House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Good April Fools In The Press?

I must admit I read the paper in the cafe this morning unaware of the date, and nothing leapt out as being overtly more silly than normal.

Maybe we could round them up here in OT as they are uncovered?

Ask RB

Had a look on Rightmove earlier, somebody had doubled all the asking prices as an April Fools gag

Can't blame RB , the real news is getting so crazy that it's harder to pick what exactly is the april fools anymore.

Example , above was posted 'Sales of wet dog perfume soar' - here is an article a few months ago advertising Lady GaGas new perfume which has the scent of 'Blood & Semen' : http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/people/lady-gaga-wants-us-to-smell-like-what-20110127-1a6dk.html

The weather report on BBC Breakfast this morning had a 19 degree Centigrade label over Manchester!

I think Fifth Gear may well have done an unitentional one tonight.

Their competition to win an Audi TT coupe offered the following question.

Which was a famous World War 2 bomber.

a. Manchester

b. Lancaster

c. Doncaster

Now both the well known Lancaster AND the Manchester were bombers. I wonder if the competition organiser realsied that?

Althought it was a day early, making the 'Children of Courage' (at the recent annual awards) be subjected to having Kerry Katona, Alex Reid and Peter Andre in the audience was a gag-and-a-half, albeit a sick one.

Some of those kids have battled cancer, don't you think they've earned the right not to meet Katona. Reid or Andre?

Well, unless Piers Morgan was there as well, this year, the 'Children of Courage' tagline is nothing but hyperbole in my book.

Now both the well known Lancaster AND the Manchester were bombers. I wonder if the competition organiser realsied that?

Yep, IIRC the Lancaster was simply a 4 engined version of the Manchester.

I wonder why we named them after our own cities? Surely the Avro Berlin would've been more appropriate.

Ask RB

Indeed. I geve up correcting RB's gullability a couple of years ago.

I think on Friday he exceeded himself by personally identifying every AFJ in every paper he read and repeated it here as truth.

Bless 'im :lol:

Can't blame RB , the real news is getting so crazy that it's harder to pick what exactly is the april fools anymore.

Example , above was posted 'Sales of wet dog perfume soar' - here is an article a few months ago advertising Lady GaGas new perfume which has the scent of 'Blood & Semen' : http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/people/lady-gaga-wants-us-to-smell-like-what-20110127-1a6dk.html

She's five years too late -

Secretions Magnifiques