House Price Crash Forum
R K

Sian Williams 'opts Out' Of Bbc Move To Salford

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-12920382

BBC Breakfast presenter Sian Williams will not move north with the programme when it relocates to its new base in Salford, the corporation has confirmed.

She and presenter Chris Hollins have decided not to take part in the move for "personal reasons", the BBC said.

Both Bill Turnbull and Susanna Reid will stay on after the move to the BBC's new northern headquarters.

Breakfast editor Alison Ford said it was "great news" that 46% of the team will relocate in April 2012.

"We always knew there would be those who wouldn't be able to make the move for domestic reasons," she added.

The horror.............

Edit: and of course (on topic) this means house prices in Hale will plummet at least another 20% on the news

Edited by Red Karma

Whi cares?

Local EAs who seem to think this is going to be similar to the Arabs moving into South Kensington.

Perhaps it's a little parochial for anyone out in the 'provinces'. (i.e. not Manc)

MMMmmm Salford?

London, albeit hated by many that don't live there has something the rest of the country hasn't. What that is, I don't know; but it has something.

Crime, litter, high prices aren't the only things.

London, albeit hated by many that don't live there has something the rest of the country hasn't.

Certainly a lot of things are unevenly concentrated in the capital (theaters, museums, shops, historical buildings).

A lot of it depends on what you want and what you're used to.

A friend of mine has a sister living in London (that's when she's not gallivanting around Europe). She seems to enjoy the lifestyle whereas I think it would make my friend very depressed, very quickly. She's much happier in Sheffield with her young family.

I like to visit London but I've never felt any desire to live there. Thankfully the train makes visiting not too much of a chore (as long as some scrote hasn't nicked a load of copper wiring, bringing the signaling system to a halt!).

Certainly a lot of things are unevenly concentrated in the capital (theaters, museums, shops, historical buildings).

A lot of it depends on what you want and what you're used to.

A friend of mine has a sister living in London (that's when she's not gallivanting around Europe). She seems to enjoy the lifestyle whereas I think it would make my friend very depressed, very quickly. She's much happier in Sheffield with her young family.

I like to visit London but I've never felt any desire to live there. Thankfully the train makes visiting not too much of a chore (as long as some scrote hasn't nicked a load of copper wiring, bringing the signaling system to a halt!).

I live on the leafy edge of it. All the benefits of suburbia, near the fabled countryside, but 25 min to its dirty core. Costs, though.

Moved out of London due to money , if and when I can ever afford to go back I will be back there like a rat up a drain pipe , love the place.

Moved out of London due to money , if and when I can ever afford to go back I will be back there like a rat up a drain pipe , love the place.

I'm from Leeds and moving back isn't a consideration.

Quality of life here is far better, as are the oppotunities. All the guff people say about London is hearsay from people that have spent a day being pushed about in the tube when being fooled into going to Oxford st for a bit of shopping.

Good riddance to Sian. The BBC is dominated by London-centric toffs who think civilization ends at the borders of the M25. If she's so closed minded she can't imagine living outside of Lahndan then the BBC will be a better organization without her and her like.

Good riddance to Sian. The BBC is dominated by London-centric toffs who think civilization ends at the borders of the M25. If she's so closed minded she can't imagine living outside of Lahndan then the BBC will be a better organization without her and her like.

...thought she was from Wales hitting the big city.... :rolleyes:

I live on the leafy edge of it. All the benefits of suburbia, near the fabled countryside, but 25 min to its dirty core.

If I had the money (and the inclination), that's how I would prefer to do it.

Good riddance to Sian. The BBC is dominated by London-centric toffs who think civilization ends at the borders of the M25.

Seems to be a trend that pervades the BBC.

IMO, the BBC does appear to be London centric.

However, the regional TV in my area is perceived (in Sheffield) as being Leeds centric.

Likewise, the coverage in South Yorkshire is perceived as being Sheffield centric by the likes of Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster.

American?

...thought she was from Wales hitting the big city.... :rolleyes:

I'd never heard of her before, so I had to go to Wikipedia:

Williams was born in Paddington, London, to Welsh parents, and raised in Eastbourne, East Sussex

If I had the money (and the inclination), that's how I would prefer to do it.

Seems to be a trend that pervades the BBC.

IMO, the BBC does appear to be London centric.

However, the regional TV in my area is perceived (in Sheffield) as being Leeds centric.

Likewise, the coverage in South Yorkshire is perceived as being Sheffield centric by the likes of Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster.

I guess they centre on the area that gives them the most points in terms of viewing power.

The actual London News from the beeb is sh1t. In reality, there should be an East, West etc edition, but we only get a London version, so the Regional news you get it far more in-depth as it covers a tiny amount of the populice.

We get a murder then an add for an art show in the West End, with a rally call for how prices for flats have doubled despite being in Peckham where the murder took place. It really is poor.

i lived in salford. on the border between higher broughton and prestwich, which is totally jewish. it wasnt particularly expensive, but oi' was it crime ridden. peopple were really nice, but you have to lock your car and so on. whenever i bought anything i brought it into the house in an old cardboard box and made the curtains really scabby looking from the outside. i never thought it as violent. friendly. non racist. over all i liked it so much, i moved. to a life less ordinary. but it was a great exp. salford is just north and west of manchester and is much better. it has some really fancy parts and some rough. like parts of inner london, but without all those f┬Ácking london sh1ts poncing about with man bag, oysster cards and begging. i didnt see people beg in salford. though i saw 2 knife fights. i suppose it was violent.

shut it or i will put a cap in all your asses...

this means house prices in Hale will plummet at least another 20% on the news

I'm calling April Fool.

House prices in this area will not even stagnate, let alone drift downwards or be as unashamedly common as to fall. But plummet? Was your mouth out with scented soap.

Edited by daiking

I love the way these URL's sometimes come out here.

Do you think Fubra has a "truncate the link into something appropriate" department? With "Link Truncation Officers.."?

williams.PNG

If they do, then they are a lot more useful, and amusing, than a hundred "Diversity Co-ordinator" non-jobs, IMHO :)

B

post-13228-0-64001100-1301650675_thumb.png

I imagine generous relocation package or redundancy arrangements :lol:

As someone who was working at CBBC when the move to Salford for that department first became knowledge, I can confirm that's exactly what staffers were offered. If only they hadn't shut all the regional studios already, then this mass move to another site might not be necessary.