House Price Crash Forum
the primitive

3 Sodding Years

OK so I just realised I joined this site 3 years ago.

And yet still this very day I read people consoling themselves that the Naitonwide figures aren't real, that the crash is just around the corner like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

yes yes yes the logic is on the side of the bears.

But the facts and the reality are that there will now be no crash, just a long slow painful drawn out real terms fall in house prices over YEARS

On the bright side in 3 years my mortgage has gone down to now only £26K thanks to heroic overpayments and tight-fistedness. Once it's down to zero I think I will have to buy a bigger house. You only get one life, can't spend it all on here and my kids are growing up, my son needs a bedroom bigger than him and a garden longer than half the distance he can kick a football.

Can't hold out much longer, not going to live miserably just to make a point.

:angry: :(

Forget about watching and waiting for HPC.

Just get on with living your life the way you want to.

Life is incredibly short, ground rush is an apt term a skydiver will use....

In that the moment you are out of the plane it seems you have plenty of time to look around and take in the scenery, but as you approach 2500ft* you get the ground rush effect and realise that it was all just an illusion.

*Humans have poor altitude awareness and anything above 2000ft it is hard to tell without instruments as to the altitude you happen to be at.

I do feel for you. I'm in a similar position and in E Berkshire there is no crash, not even close. The thing that ******s me off are the useful idiots that make all this possible.

Borrow 8 times salary and condemn myself to a life of soulless grind so I can pay a bankers bonus? Yes please! 9 or 10 times if possible. Actually can you make the term longer so I'm never free of the shackles please?

People have lost sight of how hard it is to make one hundred thousand pounds after tax let alone the average here which is about two hundred and fifty thousand pounds.

The bankers must be pissing themselves. it's like watching heroin addicts grasping for a fix.

Sincei joined the sote 3.5 years ago...prices hafe dropped 20% saving about 70k off the house i lost sold. Made about 100k in gold/invests and about 50k on saviings....rent in that time has cost be under 30k....in that time ive moved 3 time and lived in Paris for the best part of a year. If it all goes pare shape here which looks likey ill be off elsewhere to live. Paying off a fration of the noose round your neck with a desire to buy a bigger noose is not something to be happy about. Everyone's story is different. Jus

Cause your's is depressing no need to bring everyone else down.

I do feel for you. I'm in a similar position and in E Berkshire there is no crash, not even close. The thing that ******s me off are the useful idiots that make all this possible.

Borrow 8 times salary and condemn myself to a life of soulless grind so I can pay a bankers bonus? Yes please! 9 or 10 times if possible. Actually can you make the term longer so I'm never free of the shackles please?

People have lost sight of how hard it is to make one hundred thousand pounds after tax let alone the average here which is about two hundred and fifty thousand pounds.

The bankers must be pissing themselves. it's like watching heroin addicts grasping for a fix.

Nah don't feel for me, I am lucky. Got a great family, well(ish) paid job, and bought first house in 2000 so am much better off than an awful lot of poor b@stards.

Did look for a while like I might be able to buy a big house for not a huge amount, but seems not, hard though it is to understand.

Could be a lot worse though

Sincei joined the sote 3.5 years ago...prices hafe dropped 20% saving about 70k off the house i lost sold. Made about 100k in gold/invests and about 50k on saviings....rent in that time has cost be under 30k....in that time ive moved 3 time and lived in Paris for the best part of a year. If it all goes pare shape here which looks likey ill be off elsewhere to live. Paying off a fration of the noose round your neck with a desire to buy a bigger noose is not something to be happy about. Everyone's story is different. Jus

Guest The Relaxation Suite

You make a critical point here about the awareness of money. Ken_Ichikawa gives us an interesting fact about humans and altitude awareness, but I see a similar issue with money. It seems to me that most people just do not appreciate the value and cost of money. People on the TV talk about 300 grand this and five hundred grand that, etc. Five hundred grand! These people earn 30 grand.

Had no intention of bringing anyone else down, sorry you interpreted it that way. This site is full of people who think the crash is coming next month, maybe the month after, always has been.

No it ain't.

BTW see above post and judge whether I am depressed :rolleyes: (and I can also spell...)

the logic is on the side of the bears.

But the facts and the reality are that there will now be no crash, just a long slow painful drawn out real terms fall in house prices over YEARS

You might well be right about a long slow fall, given that the powers that be seem determined to prop up the bubble.

I see no reason to live miserably to make a point. It's your life. I suggest that you do what you think best for you and your family.

Good luck.

Are you a spiv property developer? A bankster? or "I am all right jack I got my cash everybody else is just a twit?"

I've been on the site for, oh, since 2004. It's been an up (then briefly down in 2005) then up, then down kinda existence.

Hang in there mate.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

Looked at some French real estate a few days ago and saw some nice four bedroom villas with pools in the SW for the 300k mark sterling. These prices I think are comparable to Australian prices (i.e. overvalued) but still much better value than the UK market is offering by a long way even after the "falls". One is astonished to recall that people were paying 300k for boring semis with small gardens in nowhere towns at the height of the boom.

property developer, heaven forbid. Im just someone that sood their noose/house, stumbled across this site and realise what had been going on. I suspected something was wrong when i sold up and realised people were trying to sell me shoe boxes for 400k. The more i looked into it the more corrupt the system seemed.So i played my hand best i could. Not well, just best i could. So people who say there's been no crash are wrong. house prices are down on average 20%, gold shot up, the stock market shot up. we're still in recession, people are suffering financially, the system IS a mess. We're living the crash. This is it. Embrace it and prosper or submit and be subjegated.

And yet still this very day I read people consoling themselves that the Naitonwide figures aren't real, that the crash is just around the corner like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

A company producing monthly housing figures is bound to present them in a way that best serves it's vested interest.

The 'crash' is not just around the corner, it will take a few more years before the market bottoms out.

A company producing monthly housing figures is bound to present them in a way that best serves it's vested interest.

The 'crash' is not just around the corner, it will take a few more years before the market bottoms out.

Exactly

But my point is that's a long time when I am in my late 30s. If I wait 15 years I won't need a big house anyway, will just be me and the missus

We are now 6 months on from the second peak according to the land reg and prices have dropped 2.8%.

How much had prices dropped 6 months after the first peak: 1.7%. Remember what happened next?

Moral of the story: Beware of straight line extrapolation ;)

On the bright side in 3 years my mortgage has gone down to now only £26K thanks to heroic overpayments and tight-fistedness. Once it's down to zero I think I will have to buy a bigger house. You only get one life, can't spend it all on here and my kids are growing up, my son needs a bedroom bigger than him and a garden longer than half the distance he can kick a football.

I don't understand why you are angry. It seems you need a slightly bigger home and currently only have a tiny mortgage. I don't see why you are waiting. There are people here that may never own a home. Some will get to the point where houses are affordable and then lose their jobs. It seems that you are making yourself miserable through your own inability to make the obvious choice and buy a bigger place.

Personally I worry more about the location than the size of a house.

I agree with the OP..its gonna be a long drawn out affair, maybe like the 18 year japan dexline, which is what they are hoping for, tho japan isnt exactly recovering. We all need to get some perspective tho. this is the HPC, long or short, the game is up. Either way, you're ahead of the game, cause you realise that fact, so work out how best to benefit from this fact and make a plan. Some will win, some will loose but on average...the HPC memebers will do better than the sheeple members.

Bears turning bulls means dead cat bounce finally over :rolleyes:

Last month I've made offers on 10 houses. EA said my offers were too low and that vendors won't even consider it. Today 3 of them changed their mind. After quick chat with my wife I called EA back and said something like this: " ...well, I dont know...I mean...I'm not sure...actually we dont want to buy a house anymore...at least not for another year or so. Thanks for all your help, we will contact you in the future...."

Someone here once said: "Demand = ability + desire. If there is credit squeeze, there is no ability, and if houses start to fall there is no desire". I think I've just learn about the desire part ;)

(and I can also spell...)

Wow yes we have heard it from you before , should we rewarde you with a new, bigger, cheaper house

Any spelling mistakes in the above tough sh-t !!

The cuts have barely started. Redundancies are building momentum ... HPC will be here within a year .

+ 1. Marked slide down within the year. Signs are there already.

OK so I just realised I joined this site 3 years ago.

You think that's bad - go back and look at the posts from 2005, after we had that minor dip and prices had started to climb again. The posts are exactly the same as we are seeing now - the figures aren't real, the fundamentals can't lie, house prices are just about to start crashing again... It's sad really.