House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheCountOfNowhere

I Like To Apologise To Everyone

Hi All,

I'd just like to say sorry to everyone because I voted tory. My main reason was it was the only way to get rid of Brown, which was no bad thing.

However, it looks like they Tories don't actually want to solve any of the problems, just keep it all going and serve their own and their masters needs.

I wont be voting Tory or Labour ever again, the only voting alternative is now UKIP and the BNP. I've said it before but I am loathed to vote BNP but I can't see any alternative now and may well do so in the future.

I'd personally like to see more independents stand for election, id vote for them but since Labour put up the price of standing for election that's less likely.

The other alternative is to leave the country. This is the best alternative I think.

Many apologies.

I'm not sure why you bothered apologising, not many HPCers would believe that we live in a true democracy anyway. Your reason for voting tory was valid and you should not have expected them to have done anything other than what has happened.

I wouldn't mention it at dinner parties, though, especially with what is going to happen.

Leaving the country is the option I am taking in 2 years' time.

UKIP would otherwise get my vote.

I'm in a Labour stronghold (Midlothian) so voted SNP as they are the second biggest party. Anything to get Labour out. I would also be ashamed at voting Tory given their lack of spine, of course relating to vanquishing HPI amongst many other things.

Could be worse. You could have voted Labour.

Yes, I could have and Brown would have got back in, but now the IMF would be here, Brown kicked out, the labour getting slatted for everything and the whole thing collapsing about our ears.

Instead, we have Cameron delaying the IMF, the tories getting slated for everything and the whole thing collapsing about our ears.

I think I prefer scenario 1.

I would also be ashamed at voting Tory given their lack of spine, of course relating to vanquishing HPI amongst many other things.

Ermm house prices are generally coming down, slowly of course. They would be crazy to create or even want a quick crash!

I'm glad I voted Lib Dem, it reduced my winter heating bills by so much.

The warm glow of embarrassment was enough to heat the whole house.

I think the Torys did want a quick crash. They know the problem, Housing Benefit and SMI. They wanted to slash housing benefit payments quickly, with in 12 months of taking office, crash the market 20% falls then this would allow 4 years for some HPI and they could go into the next election on the back of HPI, something every politicians likes.

The spanner in the works are the limp dims, idiots like Simon Hughes fought a rear guard action to limit the reductions in HB and delay the implementation of the cuts to HB by 6 months, meaning end of this year.

Yes, I could have and Brown would have got back in, but now the IMF would be here, Brown kicked out, the labour getting slatted for everything and the whole thing collapsing about our ears.

Instead, we have Cameron delaying the IMF, the tories getting slated for everything and the whole thing collapsing about our ears.

I think I prefer scenario 1.

I voted labour for that reason plus the fact that if they'd have got back in it would have forced the tory backbenchers to kick blood Moron up the ass. Instead we're getting a long slow drawn out car crash of a recovery which might even allow labour back in in four years.

What is needed is some kind of economic black swan event that wakes everyone up.

Hi All,

I'd just like to say sorry to everyone because I voted tory. My main reason was it was the only way to get rid of Brown, which was no bad thing.

However, it looks like they Tories don't actually want to solve any of the problems, just keep it all going and serve their own and their masters needs.

I wont be voting Tory or Labour ever again, the only voting alternative is now UKIP and the BNP. I've said it before but I am loathed to vote BNP but I can't see any alternative now and may well do so in the future.

I'd personally like to see more independents stand for election, id vote for them but since Labour put up the price of standing for election that's less likely.

The other alternative is to leave the country. This is the best alternative I think.

Many apologies.

Don't worry, your vote made no difference at all.

In a first past the post race the only way your vote will count is if there is just 1 vote between the winning MP and second place MP and you voted for one of them.

I'm glad I voted Lib Dem, it reduced my winter heating bills by so much.

The warm glow of embarrassment was enough to heat the whole house.

+1

Don't worry, your vote made no difference at all.

In a first past the post race the only way your vote will count is if there is just 1 vote between the winning MP and second place MP and you voted for one of them.

The winner in fact.