House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

X Box 360

Set for an American release end of November and a European one on the 2nd December. Could this tiny box put a jolly Xmas smile on retailers by not only kick starting, what seems to be one of the tightest and bleakest 'baaa humbug' Xmases, for decades but also kick starting the World economy and lead to yet more HPI?

Set for an American release end of November and a European one on the 2nd December. Could this tiny box put a jolly Xmas smile on retailers by not only kick starting, what seems to be one of the tightest and bleakest 'baaa humbug' Xmases, for decades but also kick starting the World economy and lead to yet more HPI?

Are you being sarcastic?

I love gaming yet I never bought a X Box simply because I thought Bill gates had enough money already. Strange how ones sence of ethics and morals express themselves.

As for the new X Box.I'm going to wait for the PS3

I love gaming yet I never bought a X Box simply because I thought Bill gates had enough money already.

You should have bought a dozen of them: I believe Microsoft still lose money on every Xbox sold, and try to make it up on game royalties.

i think we will see another good christmas spend up by the public, but i think it will be the very last one for a while.

next year it will be two tangerenes, 4 walnuts and an explicit photo of your auntie from your mum.

your dad will get you membership at a gay sauna.

The X box almost shattered the Australian economy after a little bribe session before the last election. The government has made some mistakes in child benefit payments that were going to cost their most likely voters, so they just handed over about $200 extra per family. I was told that you couldn't get within 40 metres of stores that were selling X Boxes for the queues and supplies ran out. The balance of payments blew out 40B. :lol::lol::lol:

Portent is correct.

The other kicker for the Xbox 360 is that it's not backwards compatible with old games: some will run through emulation, but that's all. I believe the PS3 should run all old PS2 and PS1 games.

lets face it the x-box dont have a look in compared to a playstation.

100 games for the x-box

50,000 for the playstation

From the pics so far I prefer the 360 in looks to the PS3. Will probably end up buying both. :unsure:

that guys an idyacht.

he talks about a mass exodus by (us?) pushing thirty year olds but he completely forgets the new entrants.

also, i've read matt savinar's thing and i reckon he makes a good case, albeit overstated to sell books!

Isn't it £279 ? You should be able to get a half decent pc for that after xmas.

If playing quite old games is your thing , go for it. Otherwise by the time you've got a half decent video card most of the money is gone.

Just wait until the ps3 eventually gets released, its going to cost at least £399.

Though if you think about it, $MS release theres now before any global economic slowdowns/inflation rising etc. The others release there rather expensive consoles later next year when keeping your job and mortgage payments going are the foremost and buying a flashed up new console is the last thing on your mind. Couple with $MS selling a 'core' "no accessory" version, are they marketing towards a more cash strapped consumer? Who in the world will be buying the PS3 at double the cost.

Think I'll wait untile halo3 is released before the new xbox though :D

My son has already told me that he doesn't want an x box360...which is good because he wasn't getting one anyway :P

...for decades but also kick starting the World economy and lead to yet more HPI?

Yes, I see lots of MEWing taking place for the XBOX 360 and PS3 over the next 12 months. Still, who cares, houses always go up in value, and you can always sell if you need to. Simple.

Nomadd :)

But seriously: I wonder what effect games have on the economy as a whole. Games ahve become more mainstream tis true. I can't help but feel that gaming 20 and 30 somethings woul dbe spending more down the pub etc. Kids-wise, Alton Towers vs an afternoon spent infront of an X-box? Cost-wise there is no comparison.

True: I played an online massively multiplayer game for a couple of years... basically about eight pounds a month for as many hours as I felt like playing, mostly with a group of friends from America. That's less than going out to the pub once a month.

Just heard that they will be releasing a new sim game in align with the X Box 360. Its called 'SimChancellor'. Price still TBC. They are hoping for better sales than their last sim release 'SimCon - Can you successfully run a flagging Tory opposition party to General Election euphoria'. ;)

You should have bought a dozen of them: I believe Microsoft still lose money on every Xbox sold, and try to make it up on game royalties.

From what I have read in the game industry press, the whole XBox 1 enterprise was known by MS as a loss-making project from the start. The point was to establish market share / expertise etc. in order to make profit on the next console generation i.e. xbox 360. Xbox 1 was a loss leader. A company with as deep pockets as them can afford to do this.

Must say from the specs of the 360 I've seen it does look rather boring.

frugalista

Must say from the specs of the 360 I've seen it does look rather boring.

frugalista

By which I mean, oh look, yet more processing power thrown at hw acceleration, how exciting. And the same tired old game genres again. Yawn.

frugalista