House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CHF

Unemployment/volunteering

Im currently recruiting for a few different positions and the number of CVs Im receiving from youngsters (18-22) who have had to resort to volunteering to bolster their CV is tragic.

Aslo, when I see some of the GCSE and A Level grades received by people who didnt then go on to college/Uni it makes me a little embarassed about my 4 year adventure.

I can envisage levels of youth unemployment compeing with the likes of Tunisia and Spain if we dont do something constructive.

Wont someone please think of the children!?

Is this a serious thread about joblessness or a p*ss-take at the unemployed?

Serious post, with a flippant comment at the end. Apologies if anyone is offended.

Another point was that Ive not done much recruiting in the past but its actually quite upsetting to skim through peoples CV and have to make a snap decision. This was harder for those in the 40+ bracket for people with quite specific skill sets where you cant imagine them having much luck finding employment ever agin.

My mother is actually in this boat having been made redundant at 55. Cant see her ever working again.

Serious post, with a flippant comment at the end. Apologies if anyone is offended.

Another point was that Ive not done much recruiting in the past but its actually quite upsetting to skim through peoples CV and have to make a snap decision. This was harder for those in the 40+ bracket for people with quite specific skill sets where you cant imagine them having much luck finding employment ever agin.

My mother is actually in this boat having been made redundant at 55. Cant see her ever working again.

I read a report yesterday that the Olympics is supposedly going to create 5,000 IT jobs. Bet they can't wait in Indian for them all.

I have noticed, from an IT POV, that any roles or contracts going are demanding even longer and longer sets of skills which no one can have... usually with some bespoke knowledge thrown in for good measure... and the money is getting worse.

It seems that they often want 4 or 5 people in one person. The stress in such roles must be a killer.

Of course unemployment for the youth is going to be bad, too many are going to realise they are better off on the dole than taking on debt in the Uni.

I expect a massive push for 3 year apprenticeships for 18-21 year olds to keep them off the books. Next Septembers youth unemployment figures will be interesting.

I can envisage levels of youth unemployment compeing with the likes of Tunisia and Spain if we dont do something constructive.

In most countries youth unemployment is tending towards 33%.

Some parts of the UK have higher youth unemployment than 33% already, and there are a lot of hidden unemployed too.

Most of these young people coming of age simply aren't needed in the economy. For example are auto manufacturers struggling to keep up with demand, because a lack of available labour?

It seems funny to put it that way, but throughout history that was the limit on production, there was only so much available labour. And that was the restraint on growth.

Most of these young people coming of age simply aren't needed in the economy. For example are auto manufacturers struggling to keep up with demand, because a lack of available labour?

It seems funny to put it that way, but throughout history that was the limit on production, there was only so much available labour. And that was the restraint on growth.

They are needed, but not for production but for the massive massive war which is coming whereby these people will be utilised as cannon fodder. Why else would there be policies to encourage so many children? If this wasn't the case we'd have one child policies in the western world. But we don't... while at the same time we have an uber financial crisis and overcapacity similar to the 1930s.

They are needed, but not for production but for the massive massive war which is coming whereby these people will be utilised as cannon fodder. Why else would there be policies to encourage so many children? If this wasn't the case we'd have one child policies in the western world. But we don't... while at the same time we have an uber financial crisis and overcapacity similar to the 1930s.

Why?

You would have to pay them.

The bomb factory doesn't needed many men to staff it.

Why?

You would have to pay them.

Heinlein had the concept of slave armies, i.e. conscripts. Also when you control the magic printing press paying such people is of little consequence. Hell 1000s of people are dumb enough to join the army voluntarily.... hack up a bit of propaganda on Eastenders and Cornination street and people will be queuing up to be sent to rush enemy machine guns.

The PTB through history have never had any problem with sending young men off to die.

I have noticed, from an IT POV, that any roles or contracts going are demanding even longer and longer sets of skills which no one can have... usually with some bespoke knowledge thrown in for good measure... and the money is getting worse.

I saw a job a few months back in my industry which asked for expert knowledge of 3 competing products (there would be nobody who would fit that criteria and it wouldn't be needed in any circumstances) along with a decade of experience as a project manager and they were offering £180 a day for a 3 month contract.

Im currently recruiting for a few different positions and the number of CVs Im receiving from youngsters (18-22) who have had to resort to volunteering to bolster their CV is tragic.

Artificial house prices helped prop up the public sector. The private sector has been declining for years. This is why people like me have been so vocal about outsourcing and unfettered immigration. The majority of people don't get it. The young didn't deserve this at all. They have been sold out so the established homeowners can have cheap Polish and Indian labour and cheap Chinese goods.

The British only really see things clearly when it hits them in the pocket.....like now for example. In the past it was possible to remortgage the house to start a business. That's just become very difficult. There are very few safety nets left.

I saw the writing on the wall years a few ago and left the country. Nobody listened to me back then because they were still all high on the Labour punchbowl. I actually told relatives to stock up and food and cash 6 months before the credit crisis took hold. They laughed at me until the crap hit the fan. They are all listening now.

When I return every few years there are more and more immigrants. Most seem friendly but then again so are the Indian offshore workers.

Those morons who voted Labour in any election over the the last 14 years should hang their heads in shame.

20% of the working population are required to maintain a reasonably civilized standard of living. The economy will always need doctors, teachers and engineers.

The rest can be outsourced, mechanized or immigrants can do it for peanuts.

This is the worlds greatest problem (second to the energy crisis), and one which no one has yet offered a valid solution to cure.

Millions of people are finding themselves with no purpose, no future and no hope across the world.

Infantry wars, big ones.

I doubt it. Most blokes don't have the testosterone they once had. A whole lifetime of feminization and anti-men brainwashing cannot be reversed easily.

I doubt it. Most blokes don't have the testosterone they once had. A whole lifetime of feminization and anti-men brainwashing cannot be reversed easily.

nor will they have the will to and rightly so. Why fight for a society that has priced you out of existence? Banksters will make very good officers on the front line, good for fragging ;)

Off planet?

What's the mad film about the giant insects on other planets?

Nah, it could just be a really big meat grinder war, like Korea, Vietnam, Afganistan etc

Infantry wars, big ones.

Doubt it. WW2 was just too expensive for our lords and masters. Come 1946 there was almost 1 million demobbed, trained and battle hardened servicepeople in the British Isles. It didnt take much to realise that a demobbed army is still an army. And so came such perks as the NHS, welfare, pensions, grants for universities.

Basically, the rich were scared witless of the proletariat and had to cede lots of wealth (which should, in their eyes, be in their hands) to the lower classes. It took 30 years before they were confident enough to start taking it back from us, and this removal of the legacy earnt by our forbears is still going on - PFI, NHS reforms, tuition fees.

There is no chance the same will be risked again. So its either small wars (Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan) and ensure returning troops are injured, or major wars and ensure noone comes home.

nor will they have the will to and rightly so. Why fight for a society that has priced you out of existence? Banksters will make very good officers on the front line, good for fragging ;)

Television has brainwashed the masses into thinking HPI = good. ZIRP is good, inflation is low and the future is bright. Enhanced brainwashing is used on the army already.

Hell back in WWI and II if you refused to rush the enemy machine guns you were shot..... the Russians and Chinese 'volunteer army' had machine guns placed BEHIND their own infantry waves to encourage them not to turn back and to run into the machine guns of the enemy instead.

Doubt it. WW2 was just too expensive for our lords and masters. Come 1946 there was almost 1 million demobbed, trained and battle hardened servicepeople in the British Isles. It didnt take much to realise that a demobbed army is still an army. And so came such perks as the NHS, welfare, pensions, grants for universities.

Basically, the rich were scared witless of the proletariat and had to cede lots of wealth (which should, in their eyes, be in their hands) to the lower classes. It took 30 years before they were confident enough to start taking it back from us, and this removal of the legacy earnt by our forbears is still going on - PFI, NHS reforms, tuition fees.

There is no chance the same will be risked again. So its either small wars (Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan) and ensure returning troops are injured, or major wars and ensure noone comes home.

Exactly