House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

timebandit

Are You Ever Convinced You Are Talking To A Hpcer

Went to view a auction (openhouse) property in Glastonbury this morning. While I was kicking the walls and muttering how much we needed to spend, a fellow viewer started a conversation about house prices. No chance of me getting a word in, he just went from ponzi schemes, to bank lending, to the pigs governments going bust within eighteen months. The real clincher his last parting words Professor John Davies(?) getting his message accross to the masses on the BBC. I should have asked him at the time but it does make me wonder, what are the chances being such a small group, do we need a funny handshake or a pin badge? :)

I like your thinking, timebandit.

We should each get a pin badge made featuring this image...

canstock5348612.jpg

... although replacing the colour red for green to highlight the positivity of the statement (since red is often associated with danger).

Non-verbal communication at its finest.

I think I would be terribly disappointed if I met a fellow HPC-er so I'd just keep quiet.

Second thoughts, I'd go the other way and make a load of pro-HPI comments and hope I was the subject of a sarky/ranty diatribe on here. That would be far more of an accomplishment than a thread like this.

canstock5348612.jpg

... although replacing the colour red for green to highlight the positivity of the statement (since red is often associated with danger).

Non-verbal communication at its finest.

Lol... awesome :)

I was a member of another forum once - we had a few meet-ups which were great. But afterwards, it was like a bit of a family - everybody knew you and you were a bit of a clique online - eventually bithciness ensued and I ended up leaving. The point is, sometimes I think it would be good to have a HPC meet-up, but then I remember that experience..

canstock5348612.jpg

Non-verbal communication at its finest'

I like it, just to give a little nod to a fellow traveller. So how about it a little online HPC shop selling trinkets. Seeing we are living in the 1980's, we could always use the tagline "follow the bear".

Never met an HPCer, but I did meet a Biased BBCer once. He came out with a phrase I'd only ever heard used on there.

What did I say?