House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TylerDurden

More Ea Incompetence

Made a call to the local EA yesterday to book a viewing on a property I'm interested in. We arranged to meet at 12 noon today for a viewing.

After previous no shows with other agents I gave her a quick call at 11am to double check were good for 12. "Yes yes, see you there"

I drove accross the city and sat waiting. Suprised by her punctuality and her shiney new BMW I thought this could actually go ok.

Oh, No keys.

"sorry, bit of a problem, The vendor never dropped the keys in this morning"

So No viewing and a total waste of time. Incredible how they manage to get dressed in the morning.

Made a call to the local EA yesterday to book a viewing on a property I'm interested in. We arranged to meet at 12 noon today for a viewing.

After previous no shows with other agents I gave her a quick call at 11am to double check were good for 12. "Yes yes, see you there"

I drove accross the city and sat waiting. Suprised by her punctuality and her shiney new BMW I thought this could actually go ok.

Oh, No keys.

"sorry, bit of a problem, The vendor never dropped the keys in this morning"

So No viewing and a total waste of time. Incredible how they manage to get dressed in the morning.

f*ck

Send a note to the vendors explaining that you tried to view their property, and that you are a FTB'er with deposit, etc., but have not been able to do so due to the incompetence of the Estate Agent. Don't let the Estate Agents get away with it - they will never learn otherwise. Yes, I know it would mean lodging complaints for just about every viewing, etc. that you try to arrange through them. Clueless bunch!

Perhaps the EA is a covert HPCer. Fed up with just banging on about 'where the f4ck is our HPC' on here, thislady has gone out and got a 'job' as an EA. Just happens that every time there's a viewing, something goes wrong. Soon vendors are persuaded to lower their asking prices due to lack of interest!

Send a note to the vendors explaining that you tried to view their property, and that you are a FTB'er with deposit, etc., but have not been able to do so due to the incompetence of the Estate Agent.

Unless the estate agent was actually lying, it sounds as though it was the vendors fault in the first place.

Although the estate agent sounds a bit clueless if she hadn't already realised that she didn't have them or have the courtesy to call you when she found out.

Whether vendor dropped the keys in or not, it's plain ignorance on the part of the EA not to ring you and let you know, or not to warn you in your call at 11 o'clock that she didn't actually have the keys.

Ah well, go to another EA - they're ten a penny.