House Price Crash Forum

Firstrungnow Want To Interview Potential Ftbs

quine

HOLA441

I just received this email - don't know where they got my email info from but whatever. I'm sure some of you here would be happy to assist?!

Hi,

The Independent on Sunday are doing a big article this weekend about problems facing first time buyers. Would you be prepared to be interviewed on the phone by them this afternoon?

If so, please reply by return with your phone number.

Thanks

Helen Adams (helen@firstrungnow.com)

FirstRungNow.com

HOLA442

I just received this email - don't know where they got my email info from but whatever. I'm sure some of you here would be happy to assist?!

Hi,

The Independent on Sunday are doing a big article this weekend about problems facing first time buyers. Would you be prepared to be interviewed on the phone by them this afternoon?

If so, please reply by return with your phone number.

Thanks

Helen Adams (helen@firstrungnow.com)

FirstRungNow.com

Not very secure, in itself. If I were you I would be very reticent to supply personal details on a reply to an unsolicited email.

HOLA443

After a couple of drams, I completed a questionnaire for firstrung fom a link on this website. Just got a call from the Independent but they're only interested in FTB's struggling to get a mortgage. I explained my position ie/ could get a mortgage but don't want one as I'm in no rush to buy at current prices. Had a lovely chat for about 5mins regarding the BTL budget, shared ownership, high house prices are bad for the UK etc, etc.

She's calling the editor to see if they can 'use' my opinions and may get back to me. I'll not hold me breath.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Email them with a different slant. Mine is I've got a large enough deposit but the required mortgae would be far too unaffordable.

The Independent called me back after about 15mins of replying to the email posted by the OP. This suggests that they are struggling for contributors, so it's worth a punt

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Yes? And? Has it gone behind a paywall or something?

What line does it take?

It will probably be in the 'home' section. Don't know if it's available online. I was wondering if anyone already had the Indy and had seen it or could check. I won't waste my money buying it unless is good.

HOLA4413