House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guinness

House Sold In Sept 2007 For £265K...

How much is it worth now based on price % increase/decrease since the date above ?

The area is Rutherglen, Glasgow.

The house in question has been upgraded/updated but i can work out how much has been spent once i view the property.

I'm just interested in the house price assuming nothing has been done in current market.

Thank you.

Its worth what someone will likely pay. The only way to see that is to look at similar sales of similar houses in the same area or look at price changes of houses in the area over that time period to get a rough percentage . There isn't a formula.

Much less. Convincing the EA and vendor of this indisputable fact is the difficult part.

Registers of Scotland state that average price in Glasgow in the 4th quarter of 2007 was £137,780

Registers of Scotland state that average price in Glasgow in the 4th quarter of 2010 was £135,441

The absence of forced sellers is causing prices to hold up amid continuing low sale volumes

Lifetime lows on interest rates is keeping the market on life support. As long as that continues then I don't see a huge shift. As long as people can service the loans then they will hold on. Once it turns there will be a big rush for the exits and a lot of pent up selling demand will be building with people struggling with longer commutes and relationship breakups while holding onto their properties till the 'Market Turns'. It just might not turn the way they expect and eventually people will walk..