House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Americans Feather Nests With Silver Eagles - Ft

Major article on silver in today's FT:

Americans feather nests with silver Eagles

It's worth getting the physical copy just to see the graphs, especially a gold/silver ratio going back to the Middle Ages.

Great article, thanks for sharing it. The demand for silver will increase as more and more people see it as a way of witdrawing from the corrupt and bankrupt system with a hope of having a valuable bartering asset.

BTW, "It's worth getting the physical copy" Dont let your paper and physical become confused!

Edited by endgame

Interesting that the ratio of gold to silver in the earth's crust is 19:1 (price ratio about 40:1 at present) - and worth remembering that more gold exists above ground than silver because most silver is consumed in industrial use.

Those that are bearish on silver (understandable if just looking at the graph) fail to grasp the importance of QE, inflation and potential hyperinflation.

If you think about it for a moment, $37 for an ounce of a precious metal with a finite supply and important industrial uses is pretty damn cheap - especially in the context of today's financial and political world.

A decent pair of jeans costs about 4oz of silver.

One day a decent house will cost about 300oz.

Max Keiser reckons silver will go to $500 - he may not be far wrong!

Buy and hold physical.

2006-silver-eagle.jpg

NK0851100ozJohnsonMattheySiverBarX2700px.jpg

Edited by Constable

All very good, but I'm not planning on living to 400!

I'm sorry, I thought that you were bullish on silver or do you not fully understand the significance of the charts that I posted?

Fwiw I am still bullish on metals but believe that the gold/silver ratio is due a bounce soon.If I had a pool account then I would be selling silver here to buy gold later. People discussing a return to the long term average of 15 are way too early and dont know what they are talking about imo.

I'm sorry, I thought that you were bullish on silver or do you not fully understand the significance of the charts that I posted?

Fwiw I am still bullish on metals but believe that the gold/silver ratio is due a bounce soon.If I had a pool account then I would be selling silver here to buy gold later. People discussing a return to the long term average of 15 are way too early and dont know what they are talking about imo.

Why are you bullish on the ratio? Because it's dropped significantly and might 'correct', or for other reasons?

I wouldn't be surprised to see the ratio back at 16:1.

Edited by Constable

silver_all_data_o_usd.png

Great chart. I knew the 2009 pullback was a fantastic opportunity. So f*ck you to rising houseprices! We're pretty clear on any overhead resistance to hit $50/oz, then $100/oz, then the skys the limit!