House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scrappycocco

Mobile Phone Masts

Is it safe to "live" close to these? A friend of mine just went to see a house that is basically over the road from a mobile phone mast (50 metres approx) which has been on the market basically forever because of the mast I reckon.

Is it safe to "live" [sic] close to these? A friend of mine just went to see a house that is basically over the road from a mobile phone mast (50 metres approx) which has been on the market basically forever because of the mast I reckon.

Is your friend undead? If so the mobile phone mast should present no problems.

Is it safe to "live" close to these? A friend of mine just went to see a house that is basically over the road from a mobile phone mast (50 metres approx) which has been on the market basically forever because of the mast I reckon.

Difficult to answer, there is some debate about the long term effect of exposure to radio waves (and which frequencies). Most argue the effects are limited and that is an acceptably low level of risk.

Do some research?

I'd say 50m is probably fine, but wouldnt be happy with 10-20m.

remember, signal strength goes down by roughly 4 times for every doubling of distance away frommast.

Someone needs to find that house that was posted a while ago with the legs of the electricty pylon on someones garden patio :o

Is your friend undead? If so the mobile phone mast should present no problems.

I meant "live" as in spend all your non-working time as I recall reading about a study done where the participants had an hour of exposure a day for two weeks with no effects; but what about long term.

Not sure if it's this one, but the pylons are right on top of the houses here:

Raddlebarn road on Google maps

:o

No but that is too near for my liking The one on here before was actually in the garden and virtually straddling the house. Someone joked about it being a quality climbing frame for the kids.

I thought it was Illegal to live underneath power lines? Can't be.

Nope, there is one that goes across the road I live in.

I have a set of stairs with railings in the garden which are bent, apparently the neighbour informs me it was a goose which hit the power line and came dive bombing in to the rail. Made a terrible mess.

The house next to it was on the market at 50-60k less than the average asking price for about 2 years, didn't sell.

My Road

It doesn't bother me as we are another 100 yards up the road, not sure I'd be too keen living next door to it, regardless of the health risk I imagine it's impossible to sell.

Nope, there is one that goes across the road I live in.

I have a set of stairs with railings in the garden which are bent, apparently the neighbour informs me it was a goose which hit the power line and came dive bombing in to the rail. Made a terrible mess.

The house next to it was on the market at 50-60k less than the average asking price for about 2 years, didn't sell.

My Road

It doesn't bother me as we are another 100 yards up the road, not sure I'd be too keen living next door to it, regardless of the health risk I imagine it's impossible to sell.

WOAH WOAH WOAH

IS THAT SIGN SERIOUS

A SIGN ON A BIT OF LAND CONTAINING A PYLON

THAT SAYS "RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT LAND - ALL ENQUIRES, CALL XXXX"

REALLY? WHAT, I DON'T EVEN