House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Pickles Wants Wage Cuts

Mr Pickles wants top council wages cut even though the hutton report didn't.

Fab.

Not even huge cuts. 10% for those over £200k, 5% for those over £100k.

It's a start.

Not enough.

And the bbc even read out an email from someone which said "if they think they'd earn twice as much in the private sector, then they should go and work there!"

Here is my suggestion.

PMs salary to remain the same.

No LA "executive" to be paid more than 50% of the PM's salary including bonuses any other collateral pay.

That may affect 98% of our current council troughers.

Here is my suggestion.

No LA "executive" to be paid more than 50% of the PM's salary including bonuses any other collateral pay.

Can we cap all public sector pensions too?

Here is my suggestion.

I don't understand why there isn't a national pay scale. Don't want to see the private sector out-bid for all this 'talent'.

I propose all public sector salaries and contracts over 25K be cut by 50% over the 25K.

we are, after all, all in this together.

Watch now for a flurry of reports suggestign wage cuts are bad for productivity and workers would rather see half of their mates sacked than take a cut for themselves.

I propose all public sector salaries and contracts over 25K be cut by 50% over the 25K.

Watch now for a flurry of reports suggestign wage cuts are bad for productivity and workers would rather see half of their mates sacked than take a cut for themselves.

Yeah. Sack sarahbell, realistbear, fluffy666 and bloo loo to preserve my privileges!

until the economy collapses under the imbalance

This keeps coming up but I agree. I'm sure it's the same for others but I've never had a pay rise since starting work 6 years ago.

This keeps coming up but I agree. I'm sure it's the same for others but I've never had a pay rise since starting work 6 years ago.

It keeps coming up cos Bloo Loo keeps saying it! No argument from me mind you.

Saw this reported on the BBC this morning, "top execs" bleating about how they're unhappy with the proposals, and they need to be paid that much to compete with the private sector.

Well, first off, aren't we forgetting the other perks public sector get such as a great pension, and secondly if you can get more in the private sector, prove it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Saw this reported on the BBC this morning, "top execs" bleating about how they're unhappy with the proposals, and they need to be paid that much to compete with the private sector.

Err, most public sector organisations don't need to compete with anything. It seems to be a bit lost on them though.

Err, most public sector organisations don't need to compete with anything. It seems to be a bit lost on them though.

Not true at all. In the modern world there is fierce competition for 'customers' between local councils.

Peterborough, for example, has seen their 'market share' increase by around 30% at the expense of Poznan and Bydgoszcz. That sort of performance deserves big bonuses for council bosses.

Yeah. Sack sarahbell, realistbear, fluffy666 and bloo loo to preserve my privileges!

until the economy collapses under the imbalance

Really, we should sack everyone except the top management team, and pay them 100 times as much - just imagine how incentivised they'll be to improve things!

Well, first off, aren't we forgetting the other perks public sector get such as a great pension, and secondly if you can get more in the private sector, prove it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Please just leave and replace with lower paid staff.....needs to happen in banks as well.

yeah solidarity brother

I think he was having an argument with the suffolk chief exec for her £200k or so salary.

Personally, given that she's taking the brave and bold action of privatizing most services, i think she's a bargain given all the hate and threats she probably recieves from the foaming at the mouth lefty's. I'd have hoped the tories would have realized this.

Not true at all. In the modern world there is fierce competition for 'customers' between local councils.

Peterborough, for example, has seen their 'market share' increase by around 30% at the expense of Poznan and Bydgoszcz. That sort of performance deserves big bonuses for council bosses.

I thought you were being serious for a second.

I lived in Peterborough for 32 years, I was there the other day.

What a miserable place it is now. No direction but down.